Parenting after 35

Scheduling pictures

Our LO is over 3 months and we haven't had professional pictures done, I feel like a bad mother.  I'd like to do them this week after work (weekends are not good for us) and wondered if those that had them done could share some feedback/tips from their picture experience. 

A couple of concerns: 1) Feeding, should I feed her right before the schedule appointment so she's not fussy and more relax? 2) Outfit, I wanted to put her in a dress but how do they prop them up if LO can't hold her head?  Should I even bother dressing her fancy? 3) I'm concerned about scheduling a specific time since I never know how she'll be after I pick her up from daycare did you have flexibility at your appointment for diaper changing or cleaning up after spitting up issues? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: Scheduling pictures

• Don't feel bad I didn't get my dd's pictures done until 3 months. We booked the appt. for the earliest possible time. I think we went around 9:30 so she was already fed etc.

I would dress her in whatever you would like. They will prop them to sit up and you hold them from the back. Your hand/arm will be behind the prop. They make it pretty easy and you really don't have to anything except move them into position.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well I am slacker mom.  After the newborn pics, M did not have offical pictures taken until 2 weeks before his first birthday. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • PeskyPesky member
    DD's first pro pics were at 4 mos!  Ask the photographer how they do that but ours used a boppy and another I know used a basket with blankets.  I would put her in whatever you would like and perhaps bring one extra outfit for a different look and in case of spit-up.  I tried to schedule our session for after she had eaten but before she took a nap.  At that age, they expect all kinds of emergencies so wouldn't worry.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• We've never had pictures taken, so no advice, just chiming in so you don't think you're a bad mom!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagePeppernut:
    We've never had pictures taken, so no advice, just chiming in so you don't think you're a bad mom!

Um... us too. We have never, and might never, get professional pictures done. My DH is not a fan of posed pictures and I have just been slack about it. We have (literally) thousands of photos of Sydney so I don't feel *that* bad about it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't have any professional pics of DS, not even newborn, which makes me kind of sad.  The hospital photographer wasn't around as DS was a Christmas Eve baby.  Then, I thought we'd hold out until DS was 6 months so he'd be more interactive, smiling, sitting up, etc.  I reached out to our wedding photographer whom we LOVED.   His $850 fee made me even more sad.  Indifferent

I've contacted a few other photographers but haven't yet made the move.  I was expecting to pay a few hundred dollars (but not really more than that), so it's been a bit of a rude awakening. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageVincent:

Our LO is over 3 months and we haven't had professional pictures done, I feel like a bad mother.  I'd like to do them this week after work (weekends are not good for us) and wondered if those that had them done could share some feedback/tips from their picture experience. 

A couple of concerns: 1) Feeding, should I feed her right before the schedule appointment so she's not fussy and more relax? 2) Outfit, I wanted to put her in a dress but how do they prop them up if LO can't hold her head?  Should I even bother dressing her fancy? 3) I'm concerned about scheduling a specific time since I never know how she'll be after I pick her up from daycare did you have flexibility at your appointment for diaper changing or cleaning up after spitting up issues? TIA

1) I would show up and feed there right before appt.

2) Have one or two outfits...and one diaper shot...they have boppy like things and some sling chairs

3) they alwyas run late! 

Have fun! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"