High-Risk Pregnancy

GD and constipation

Anyone else having problems with this!?!?  I feel like I haven't had a "good poop" in ages!  I asked my doc about it yesterday and he recommended citrucel and that really only gave me gas....not poop!  Anyone using anything that works?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GD and constipation

• I will usually eat a light yogurt or drink a small cup of coffee with milk and that seems to help "get things going" 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know what you mean- I used to eat a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit practically every morning and cut that off as soon as I was diagnosed with GD.  I try to eat an apple every day and if that doesn't help- maybe try some prunes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Once my body adjusted to the diet I became regular, but it took a week or two. Now I enjoy the Fiber One brownies (the peanut butter ones are delish!) and they have helped (in addition to tons of water). Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hear you on this one!  I eat lots of baby carrots (my nutritionist says it's a "freebie" as a vegetable, but it does have some carbs so it may raise your sugar a bit) and if things really aren't moving along, I take some probiotic pills from Trader Joe's.  (The acidophilus and probiotic complex with the purple label.)   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take colace and eat prunes if it's really bad.  Coffee is by far the fastest...I was relieved this week when I splurged on a lite caramel high rise cooler (gave up all caffeine the first 12 weeks):)  Fiber helps, but sometimes makes me gassy as well.  Not good in an office :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i was dealing with the same thing.  i bought some colace and so far it has helped.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"