High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anterior Placenta and Third Trimester Movement

I actually posted this over on PG After a Loss, but thought some of you would be able to help too...I need all that I can get!!!

Hi ladies, I have a question for you.  I just recently found out that I have an anterior placenta.  I had been feeling pretty good and steady movement throughout the pregnancy (well, after the point where you are supposed to feel movement), I'm in my 32nd week now.  I had a bit of a freak out last week, because I wasn't feeling the movement I was accustomed to, I went to the doctor and they did a scan, found out that I have an anterior placenta, and she was positioned kind of strange.  These compounded meant that I wasn't getting to feel her movements, but the scan and NST showed that she was moving and active. 

We lost our first child, a little girl in the 39th week, to a cord accident.  My first indication that something was wrong was lack of movement...so not feeling this sweet girl kick around makes me kind of a wreck. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anterior Placenta and Third Trimester Movement

• Options
    Im in the same boat, I have an anterior placenta and about a week ago her movement slowed down a lot. I called and they said not to worry. I just have to be still, get on my left side and i feel like movement here and there. I do it alot thruogh out the day and it is very stressful!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    I, too, had an anterior placenta with DS. The trick that worked for me was taking a bath. I would drink a cold bottle of water, and he would move constantly every time I did it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"