July 2011 Moms

Membrane Stripping Success Stories

Hello-

(I am lurking from the August board, EDD 8/4) 

I am curious to hear your membrane stripping stories.  

TIA! 

Married: 3/01/08
Baby Girl: 7/29/11
Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!

Re: Membrane Stripping Success Stories

• Good question! Thanks for posting! I'll be watching for people's responses!

How far along were you? Effaced? Dilated?

• I had mine stripped this past Saturday, I was 40W1D, 2 cm and at a +2 station (LOW!) but still long and thick.  I started warm-up labor that night and had LO the next day.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I should add I was also taking homeopathics to help move things along so it might have been either or the combination of both.  Or just good timing. 
  • I had mine swept this morning for the first time, at 40W 5D.  I'm 2cm, "mostly effaced" (she didn't give me a %), and can feel baby's head. 

That was nearly 7 hours ago and I've got nothing going on...but still hoping it turns into a successful story overnight.  I'll let you know!

• She just had her baby today so she won't be posting most likely but I'm pretty sure aesf had a good story from that. I think she had them stripped recently and voila she's a mommy as of this morning!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imagedlschloesser:

Good question! Thanks for posting! I'll be watching for people's responses!

How far along were you? Effaced? Dilated?

38w 5d, 2-3cm dilated, 80-90% effaced, anterior cervix position, -1 station. I had my membranes stripped this morning in hopes to get things moving. 

• imageFyshWyfe:
    I had mine stripped this past Saturday, I was 40W1D, 2 cm and at a +2 station (LOW!) but still long and thick.  I started warm-up labor that night and had LO the next day.  

Your LO is adorable :) 

• I had mine stripped twice now.  Once last Thursday and I was at 3cm dilated  50% effaced.  Went to L&D that night with bad contractions, but they sizzled out and I got sent home.  Then I had it done again yesterday, and I have been having the same painful contractions all day today but they are not painful enough according to the hospital so I dont know if it just brings on contractions for me, or if it will actually bring this baby into the world.  I have an induction scheduled for Thursday in case it does not work, keep you posted!
  • Hey girls- I had mine sripped at 30w6d (around 1pm). I was about 2cm and only 30% effaced at a -2 station. After this appointment I had some uncomfortable cramping immediately. These continued through the night (equivalent to menstrual cramping). Around 6:30 am I noticed they were getting more intense and pretty timeable... 8 hours later our son was born!

Keep in mind, nothing will work unless your body is ready for it. Sending labor dust to you ladies with inside babies!

• Had mine stripped at 38w5d...lost my mucus plug this past weekend and then had contractions all day yesterday...still very pregnant!!!

I was 1cm 70% and she stretched me to 2cm...but yesterday I was back at 1cm because I wasn't having contractions to keep it at 2. I think they will probably be stripped again on Thursday...Ill be 39w5d 

• I had mine stripped at 39w3d appt at 11AM.  I was almost 3cm and 80%.  I spotted a little and had some cramping in the afternoon.  Contractions started at 10:30PM that night, went to the hospital at 1AM (4cm, 90%) and had her at 5AM that morning!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had mine stripped in the morning and DD was born at 11pm that night. I was already 50% effaced and 3cm dialated. I was having lots of non-painful contractions, so we just did it to move things along. A couple of hours later, contractions started getting closer together and more painful. I went to the hospital at about 9pm and had a very quick delivery. The doctor thought I would be in active labor soon anyway, but it probably happened quicker b/c of the stripping.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had mine stripped at 9AM on July 8 (my due date was July 10). At the time I was 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I had some minor spotting and Braxton Hicks for a day or so and thought nothing was going to happen. Then my water broke at 6 PM the evening of July 10 and I had our baby boy at 12:45 AM on July 11.

For anyone wondering... I did not find the procedure painful. It took about 30 seconds. I was worried about it beforehand and it was really no big deal. 

DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards