September 2011 Moms

Girl name: SUTTON

Like or dislike?

Heard it on an upcoming new show - the WB or something like that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Girl name: SUTTON

• Not bad, but NMS...I tend to think of the nicknames that could go with the names and am thinking "Sut" would be a nickname for Sutton which rhymes with slut...which wouldn't be pretty when she's in middle/high school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds very... upper crust.  Like she has a stable full of polo ponies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it. I wouldn't use it on my DD just because it is to close to the name of the town we live in (sutter). I do agree that it rhymes with slut so it could be used as a rude nickname in school. But IMO kids will find a rude nickname out of any name if they really want to. And I think I know what show you are talking about. Was it a new ABC family show?
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't like it.

And I agree, she has ponies and summers in the Hamptons.

• I like it for a boy, not so much for a girl.
  • I actually adore it.  A girl on PgAL named her DD Sutton.  I think it's a cute name.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • i actually think it's really cute, but I don't like "Sut" as a nickname so I think that would disqualify it.
  • We have a town here in Alaska called Sutton. That's where a lot of us go ride quads. It's a good time. It's definitely a unique name. I don't think I would ever use it, but it's not bad.
  • imagesolsburyhill:

And I agree, she has ponies and summers in the Hamptons.

She's also sails and regularly wears cable-knit sweaters tied over her shoulders.  And she probably went to boarding school.

It's not my style, for a girl or a boy.  Either way, I think it sounds to uppity.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a huge fan, definitely not my style. But I don't cringe at it, so it's better than a lot of names.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It's ok. Definitely not bad. Sounds unisex to me, which is just not at all my style.
  • It only takes one letter to make this name not so good in my opinion. I can picture an "L" being added and being rather devistating later on.

• I know a Sutton in real life and so I think of her when I think of the name. I had never heard of it before meeting her but now that I know her I like the name! Its definitely unique and maybe sounds little upper crust as PP mentioned but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing as long as LO isn't a spoiled brat Wink
    September 2011 Mom's Siggy Challenge- Celebrate! imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've seen the same commercial (where the twins switch places and the guy kisses one of them and goes "I knew it...you're not Sutton!" Man, that show looks BAD).  My reaction upon hearing it:

1-"Sutton? How is that a name?"

2-"Sutton? How is that a girl's name??!!"

I hate it, obvs. But I generally hate the last-as-first naming trend. 

• We have a town that we vacation to called Sutton's Bay. So, that's what I think of. Normally I like names like that - unique but not too weird - but "Sutton" doesn't flow off the tongue very well for me. If you were calling out to someone named "Sutton", I would hear the hillbilly "something." Like, "I needs to git sutton for breakfast."
  • It's my best friend's last name so I have never thought of it as a girl's first name, but I like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dislike.  This is an extended family of mine's last name.
  • It's a last name. That I would MAYBE consider using for a boy. Definitely not for a girl IMO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"