D.C. Area Babies
Options

XP: A lawyer for wills, trusts, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for an attorney for wills and estate planning? We'd prefer someone in VA, particularly Alexandria, just to make things easy.

Also, how much do services like this generally cost? This is all new to us, and DH and I really need to stop procrastinating and get it done.

Re: XP: A lawyer for wills, trusts, etc.

• Options

I don't do that type of work but another attorney in my office (Lonnie Rich) concentrates in estate planning.  We're in Old Town. 

I am not positive, but I think you're typically looking at $1500-$2500 for everything. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGigs2000:

I don't do that type of work but another attorney in my office (Lonnie Rich) concentrates in estate planning.  We're in Old Town. 

I am not positive, but I think you're typically looking at $1500-$2500 for everything. 

I'm trying to figure out how to say this in a non-offensive way, but is there any value to doing these things on a site like LegalZoom (or similar) if you are just looking for something basic?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ours was $400 each for the will, $100 each for the financial power of attorney and $100 each for the advanced medical directive. So, $1200 total. We did it with a lawfirm in MD. I'm not sure if they can do them for those that live in VA but I will say that prices can vary greatly. My friend (who is divorced) went to a DC law firm for an estimate and they quoted a price of $2K just for her.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    imageGigs2000:

I'm trying to figure out how to say this in a non-offensive way, but is there any value to doing these things on a site like LegalZoom (or similar) if you are just looking for something basic?

The only problem that I've heard of people having legalzoom documents notarized. Most notaries aren't comfortable notarizing legal documents that were prepared by a third party. 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    HI- can you tell me the name of the firm in MD? Thanks!
    A&G
  • Options
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    imageGigs2000:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"