New York Babies
Options

RE recommendations!

hi girls!

i live in NJ and i am cycling at RMA NJ....i just had a failed ivf cycle and the culprit MAY be poor egg quality....

i have an appnt with grunfeld at RMA NY and also one with Davis at Cornell....to discuss options if IVF # 2 doesn't work in my favor....

any reviews on either of these OR other recs would be awesome!!

Re: RE recommendations!

• Options

I loved Dr. Davis at Cornell.  The doctors rotate so even though he wasn't my RE, I saw him on a number of ultrasound checks.  He was by far my favorite doctor. 

Cornell is a big factory and most doctors rush in and out.  Dr. Davis took the extra 2 minutes to say hello, to ask me some questions and even when things didn't go well at one point, he was kind about different options.  Another doctor I saw there said to me "you have 2 follicles- your IVF will be cancelled" and walked out.  Dr. Davis saw me on the next date and explained what he thought they could do to get more follicles to grow.  It was just a difference in attitude and in kindness. 

I have a lot of mixed feelings about Cornell.  They are excellent and I got pregnant and had a healthy baby so obviously it is the outcome I wanted.  However, be prepared to wait - a lot.  Be prepared for 100 women sitting in a waiting room  - all stressed out between trying to get to work on time and the stress that goes with trying to get pregnant.  Then add nurses and doctors who are so busy trying to get from one patient to another that they don't give you the time of day.  It makes you very grateful when one of those doctors is Dr. Davis who de-stresses you and doesn't treat you like one of 100 he has to see that morning. 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    I went to Dr. Grunfeld and I loved him.  We had gone to a different fertility clinic first but left because the doctor had zero bedside manner and made us feel like IVF was our only option and we had to start it yesterday.  He also insisted I had advanced endometriosis.  Dr. Grunfeld was more laid back and said that we could try a few other things first and thought I had some endometriosis, but nothing to be concerned about.  I ended up doing clomid (didn't work) and one cycle of IVF which was canceled because I didn't make enough follicles.  In our follow up appt after the canceled cycle, Dr Grunfeld was very supportive and discussed our options with us.  He did not discourage us when we told him we wanted to take a short break from treatments and said there was always a chance we could conceive naturally.  We decided to take 3 mos. off and I conceived naturally a little more than a month later (at age 42).  I continued to see him until my 8th week when I was signed over to my OB.  He also was very supportive when I had a m/c the year before at 7.5 weeks.  I think I saw three other doctors at RMA (when Grunfeld wasn't available, which was rare) but only once each.  They all seemed nice.  The place has a lot of patients but it moves really fast in the mornings, even on weekdays.  Good luck with whichever place you choose! 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with Columbia Center for Women's Reproductive Care and had a wonderful experience. My Doctor was Michael Guarnaccia. He and the entire office staff were wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started seeing Dr Grunfeld in March (my first consultation). I have PCOS and every step of the way he has been very kind & supportive along with being very professional. I am now on gonal-f injections and will have my first IUI next week. The staff is great & I also have seen other doctors for monitoring. They are all wonderful. Best of Luck!!!

Me-Diagnosed With PCOS - Hubby-Has Super Swimmers :)
    TTC#1 Since March 2011
    March/April 2011 - 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    May 2011 & June 2011 - 150mg Clomid = No Response
    July 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#1(8/1/11)= BFN
    August 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#2 (8/30/11)=BFN
    September 2011 - BREAK NEEDED DUE TO ENLARGED OVARIES :(
    October 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#3 (10/23/11) = BFP!!
    Beta#1(11/7/11)=250 Beta#2(11/9/11)=487 Beta#3(11/17/11)=6500

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"