Eco-Friendly Family
Options

How Do You Keep Mama Cloth in Place?

I have a Fuzzibunz pantiliner I bought to try out but it spins around my panties and ends up backwards (snap up, liner down). I could only come up with two solutions, but neither seems plausible. I'm not thrilled about using a safety pin near my ladybits and I'm not sewing Velcro into all my undies. Any ideas?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: How Do You Keep Mama Cloth in Place?

• Options
    The best solution I found is to snap the pad around my panties, and then wear a second pair of panties on top Embarrassed  It feels much more secure, and the pad doesn't slide around as much.  I have some of the FB and some fleecebacked pads, and find them all to slide around quite a bit.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have a few from FB that spin around as well. I hate those. It seems that they're really wide and does not snap tightly around panties. Maybe try a different brand that snaps tighter. I like PIMP for that reason. You can also consider adding an additional snap on each side of your mama cloth that would allow for a tighter fit around undies. 

@ shaunna&chad: I can't imagine wearing 2 pairs of panties in this heat! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried a few different brands...and definitely some stay in place better then others. PIMP are my go-to...and they provide an "extender" to widen the snap-around gap, if needed (I don't tend to need it...and things don't slide or bunch).

Others end up unhooking, or sliding back in a bunch on me...making them worthless.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMELuckyInLove:

@ shaunna&chad: I can't imagine wearing 2 pairs of panties in this heat! 

Not always ideal but I'm so hot during AF anyways it doesn't seem to make a big difference.  I actually think its more of a security thing, I did it on my heavy days with disposables too. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll try PIMP. And with my heavy flow, I probably wouldn't notice a second pair of panties either. I already practically wear diapers those days!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    njh514njh514 member
    Honestly, I kind of quit using mine and use my diva pretty much exclusively because of this. Mine just shifted forwards and back but it drove me batty. :-(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    BFab11BFab11 member
    Speaking of mama cloth fasteners, I need to sew some PP cloth for when this baby gets here (I got a pretty nasty "diaper" rash using disposable pads after I had DS), but I don't have a snap press.  Would velcro on the wings be good because it's more adjustable?  And should I look into a grippy fabric (I'm thinking like the bottom of footie pjs type stuff) for the bottom layer so it's not as slidey?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"