Hawaii Babies
Options

VIPotD

That would be Very Important Poll of the Day. Stick out tongue
[Poll]

Re: VIPotD

• Options
    I picked no. Ever since that fake charity worker turned up and tried to get into my house "to see your kids" I've been a little gunshy. But before then I usually did the ninja slide anyway - I have a hard time being rude to solicitors who are trying to sell me sh!t (I never buy, but always waste my own time letting them do their spiel, etc.).
  • Options
    Even when MH is home, we don't answer the door!  Ever since the stupid Kirby vacuum guys wasted an hour of our time because we thought we were just getting a free carpet cleaning, I refuse to answer.  I only answer if I'm expecting a package that I know I have to sign for and I see that it's the FedEx or UPS guy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I do open the door, I keep the chain on.  Unless we're expecting someone (repair guy, etc), we usually don't open it.  If it ends up  being a solicitor, I use the same excuse as when I answer the phone - sorry, we're trying to get to an appt!
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    Voted for maybe. I order *A LOT* of stuff online so I will open it for the FedEx/UPS, and sometimes USPS, guys since they're in their uniform. But overall/usually, we don't really open the door, even if MH is home. We do use the peep hole to see who's out there, even if we don't intend to open the door.
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

I voted yes because my front door has a big window so I can't peek.  

I do think about what I would do if someone tried to get in though.  Mostly it's canada post or a friend. 

• Options
    I voted no. Even with a big ol' "No Solicitors" sign on our door, we still get randoms knocking all the time! Our dogs go ballistic! Even when we're expecting someone, it's a challenge because of the dogs. We live next to a guy who is a Bail Bondsman and has ALL sorts of characters stopping by his place...often they knock on our door first. Lovely. So yeah, I don't answer. Ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"