Snarky and T-TTC

Who on here had Endo?

Did anyone else have endo? I have a couple Q's, but wasn't sure anyone here had an endo diagnosis....
2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Who on here had Endo?

• Raises hand...ask away.
  • I did, but had no symptoms. Didn't know it until my lap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LTF525LTF525 member

When I got discharged from my RE he mentioned that I should go back on BCPs as soon as possible after the birth of DD to help control the endo. My OBGYN wouldn't prescribe me any since I was BF'ing DD, but I'm in the process of weaning her so I could get back on them next month if I want to. My period started 2 months ago and has been really painful so I'm thinking I should go back on it....but after trying for so long it seems counter intuitive to get on something to prevent pregnancy, you know?

We want a 2nd LO, so I was thinking maybe I shouldn't go back on, but if I don't and my endo comes raging back then i'll probably need another lap which I'd rather not do....

Thoughts/opinions/experiences?

• This is something I have thought a lot about personally, although DH & I are in the "one & done" camp as of now...I know that could always change.  In case we do change our minds my plan is to go back on BC once I can, the pain is so bad and the previous damage was so severe I don't want to risk losing another ovary/tube. 

How long do you want to wait before trying for LO2?  If it's a year'ish then I would say hold off.  But if you want to wait longer I would go back on just for the sake of protecting from further damage. 

• imageNikki1007:
    I did, but had no symptoms. Didn't know it until my lap.

ditto exactly!  stage 1

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • here's what I learned from my RE when we got our surprise BFP.    Pregnancy and generally BF'ing keep endo away.   It's having your cycle that brings it on - so if you are starting to have cycles again, it will start to build up again.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Don't know if my body is just that f'd up, but I was on BC since highschool. I had symptoms while on them, but the dr.'s I'd see didn't think much of it and prescribed me painkillers. I only found out when I actually stopped taking BCP to ttc. That's when they found it in and around my colon. A couple years and no tubes later here I am. That said I refused to go on BCP after I had K. They didn't help the whole 15+ years I was on them. I think the estrogen in the pills played a roll in my endo, but that's just my opinion. I haven't had any endo symptoms since my surgeries and PG ::knock on wood:: I'm on them now, but only for our upcoming IVF cycle.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ::raises hand:: My non BCP cycles suckass. After DD, they weren't as bad. They came back at 6 months pp. My OB that I had with DD suggested that I go on BCPs despite my history because pg can cure endo. I switched to a new OB anyway and at my annual in November, he also tried to push BCPs on me. He said the only way for me to keep the endo at bay was to either be on bc or be pg. If i didnt want to be pg yet, i should be on bc. It seemed counterintuitive to have to think about preventing after trying so long AND still having a blocked tube. DH and I talked and decided that if my cycles were getting worse again, I'd take them but at the time being, don't. I was actually the one pushing to take them--he doesn't have periods why should he even have a say. He just didn't want me on them since they kill my libido. Well we took our chances and the cycle after my annual, I got KU. We didn't thnk it was possible because we thought we used up our miracle w DD and my tube hadn't been fixed. My RE had given us a 2-3% chance every month of getting KU on our own. So let me be an example. If you aren't ready to get KU yet, use protection. As far as I know, bcps would be the best option to help keep endo away. (sorry for the formatting I'm on my phone)
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • My RE said the same thing, that pregnancy will keep it at bay and the more periods you have the more it comes back.  And ditto Jen.  If you are not ready to get pregnant, then definitely use protection.  It seems for a lot of us, pregnancy "cured" whatever was wrong the first time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wutwut!!! I do! I do! I decided to say no to ocp's for several reasons... 1) my first priority was Bfing. I didn't want to deal with the possibility of lesser milk supply and didn't want anything going to Lulu through my milk. 2) like pp's, I thought it was kind of silly to go back on them since I knew we'd be TTC again. I, too had been on them for YEARS and I'm not 100% sure that it even helped since I've had three laparoscopies. AF didn't come back until 10 months pp. I think I've had 6 or 7 cycles since then so I'm not terribly worried about it yet since we are looking at TTC again soon anyhow. Oh, plus, we couldn't have sex for foreverrrrr after because I had 3rd degree tearing and required perineal repair (suuuper fun). As far as avoiding, I use FF still and use condoms/avoid and just practice NFP.
  • LTF525LTF525 member

Thanks everyone! that gives me lots to think about...

We plan to TTC #2 around may next year. In the meantime we are using condoms.

I'm not sure BCPs helped me either which is why I think I am so conflicted. I always had horrible periods, and was on it from 14-26 yrs old with no breaks. I still wound up with stage 4 a year an a half after I got off it.

hum... decisions, decisions....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"