April 2011 Moms
Options

update: Need some major help/advice/encouragement

Just an update for all of the amazingly helpful ladies out there. I saw my therapist today and we talked to my Dr and Pedi and it seems zoloft is the way to go. For anyone who takes it, what time of day/night do you take it? My peak anxiety time is early morning hours (5am or so) if that matters. Here's hoping for some relief!
DS1 born 4/17/11
DS2 born 2/22/13
MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
RAINBOW

imageimage

Re: update: Need some major help/advice/encouragement

• Options
    Glad you have the start of the plan!  Just want to say I hope things continue to get better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not a Zoloft user, but I just wanted to say that I think it's wonderful you've acted so quickly to talk to someone and get everything together. Both of the female professors I work with who have children needed anxiety meds post-partum. (Both of them were laid off by our previous administration while pregnant and later got their jobs back and back pay through unfair labor practice lawsuits, but the whole thing was a lot for them to handle.) So, you're definitely not alone. HUGS!
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just take it first thing in the morning, with breakfast. Which reminds me that I forgot to take it this morning. I don't think it matters what time you take it, as long as you take it about the same time each day. Huge hugs to you, and best of luck!

Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • Options
    I took zoloft several years ago for anxiety.  I always took it in the morning but as PP said, I don't think it matters as long as you do it at the same time.  It helped my anxiety SO much!  I hope it helps!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCTGirl30:

Thanks for updating us - I'm impressed with how proactive you've been with seeking help.

Wishing you all the best!

This! I am so happy to hear that you are getting the help you need. I am currently on Lexapro rather than Zoloft. I take it with breakfast every morning; however, I've used Zoloft, Prozac, etc. in the past and found that it helped to take some of them before bed to minimize any potential side effects. As PPs said, as long as you take your medication at the same time each day, you should be fine. The time of day you choose to take it is really just personal preference. Big hugs and good luck!!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    imageCTGirl30:

Thanks for updating us - I'm impressed with how proactive you've been with seeking help.

I agree!!!!!  :):) 

• Options

1.  I am SO proud of you!  I feel so inspired to deal with my problems head on now!

2.  Not quite the same, but when I was on BC pills, and had to take them at the same time every day, I tried to pick a time when I was most likely to remember taking it. For me, it was just before bed.  I always slept in late in the mornings then and had to rush, and now the time I get up varies greatly with LO.  I agree with PP; take it before bed to minimize any side effects.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

I wasn't on Zoloft, I was on Lexapro, but I took my meds at night. Night was my anxiety peak - plus, the meds did make me a little sleepy when I first started taking them.

GL!

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    imageCTGirl30:

All of this - I hope it helps!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad you went to the doctor!  I take zoloft and it has seriously improved my life. I take it in the morning.  I think I started by taking it in the evening, but it interfered with my sleep a little bit.  I had some side effects too (just to warn you) and felt sick and couldn't sleep well for about 2 weeks.  After that, I feel none of the side effects and a major improvement in my anxiety and sleepiness.  GL to you!
  • Options
    Hope things continue to get better and improve for you.  I took zoloft in high school, and I remember taking it in the morning.  It shouldn't make a different when you take it in relation to your peak anxiety time, as zoloft works at a certain level in your bloodstream.  So in other words, when you reach that level it will/should remain consistent for you. 
  • Options
    vanfoxvanfox member
    I'm really glad to hear that. Please let us know how you're feeling in a couple of weeks, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you I am glad you went to get help!  Don't give up on the medication it takes 4-6 weeks of taking the medication daily for you to notice the benefit and if you miss a dose that 4-6 weeks starts over, so pick a time that is most convenient for you and easiest to remember!!  Keep us posted!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"