New to The Bump

Teen Parenting?

I've noticed the majority of posts are from married people, typically in their late 20's, who were married first, then TTC.

I had a baby last year, at 19, and I'm not married. I live with my fiance, but we're not getting married until we're done with school.

But oddly enough, I feel like this is a community that I can be a part of because I am, nonetheless, a mother!

So, even if I can't relate what some would call an epidemic to most mothers on these boards, I can certainly share experiences, and gain some good advice.

Re: Teen Parenting?

• Although I don't quite fit into your category, I'm 20 and my husband is 21 and we just started TTC. I'm finding it hard myself to fit in to this site, which is unfortunate...

Congrats on your little one though! =D 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks! Good luck TTC, too. There's even a category for that on the messaging boards.

However, I feel like I have to go on the '16 and pregnant' website sometimes.

But we're so not a stereotype. Like, before my son was conceived, we were engaged! It didn't just happen and then we were stuck together!

Perhaps, if there's enough honest women on this site, who are young people (i.e. 1986-1991) who feel like they need a voice, we could propose a new forum

'Young Mothers' lol but it might attract a certain audience, too that wouldn't want to be glorified... like single teen mothers that are like 16 AND PREGNANT

• Loading the player...
  • been there, done that...horrible experience. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/54357904.aspx this is what happens on this site when you say the word YOUNG!

some of our fellow bumpies can be rather hateful...

I'm glad to hear you aren't a stereotype! I love the idea of parenting young. So many pros, only a few cons, most of them being the strange looks and people assuming the wrong things..

BabyFruit Ticker
  • well i am 15 yrs old and i am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant !!(:
  • imagemommytoobe12 26 11:
    well i am 15 yrs old and i am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant !!(:

That's disgusting and heartbreaking.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageserenavanderwoodson:

imagemommytoobe12 26 11:

That's extremely judgemental, and I find it disgusting that you would say that to her.

ETA: It also really bothers me that you are apparently a teacher, and you would tell a young teen that you find it disgusting that she's pregnant.  I'm sure it's not the ideal situation for her, but what gives you the right to judge her?  Sorry, this rubbed me the wrong way BIG TIME.  You're supposed to be a mentor, and you come on here and belittle her?  Wow, teacher of the year right here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageboxergurl:
    imageserenavanderwoodson:

imagemommytoobe12 26 11:

That's extremely judgemental, and I find it disgusting that you would say that to her.

ETA: It also really bothers me that you are apparently a teacher, and you would tell a young teen that you find it disgusting that she's pregnant.  I'm sure it's not the ideal situation for her, but what gives you the right to judge her?  Sorry, this rubbed me the wrong way BIG TIME.  You're supposed to be a mentor, and you come on here and belittle her?  Wow, teacher of the year right here!

^^^^^^this 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemommytoobe12 26 11:

Wow hunny thats really young. How are you handling this? I hope you have a lot of family support.

ps stay in school ( : its worth it. 

• imageboxergurl:
    imageserenavanderwoodson:

imagemommytoobe12 26 11:

You are right...for being a teacher that is a really wrong thing to say to someone...pretty nasty.  I am a high school health teacher and teach sex education every single year and I have dealt with pregnant teens before.  Most of the time they didn't plan to become pregnant...they just didn't know how easy it can be to become pregnant at times.  I try my best to teach them about anything and everything they should know...but sometimes that doesn't stop them.  It is wrong for this girl to get flammed...I guarantee a lot of women on this board first had sex as a teenager, but just didn't become pregnant.  They could have easily become pregnant though.  Don't judge...it could have been you! 

As for this young lady....I hope she has a great support system at home...b/c it is VERY DIFFICULT to have and raise a baby!  I would have never been able to do it at your age.  I have still struggled and I'm 27.  I will pray for you to do well and to have a happy and healthy little one. 

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• I don't normally lurk here but my boards have been slow. I wanted to throw out there that I am on the younger side being 22 and dh will be 27 this month. He's older but I get judged for being young. I have a daughter and will be having a son. Both my kids were planned. If you'd like to chat about anything or have TTC questions or anything at all feel free to pm me.

Some of the bump are close knit and can be a lttle catty and territorial of their space but I've found a majority are very pleasant. Even the TTC board can be a nice place if you approach them properly. Its all about the feel. When I first arrived to tb I was 14 weeks with DD and dove into second tri. They were very nice but I learned early on you just have to gain barings. Welcome aboard by the way!
  • i agree with boxergurl.... i got pregnant at 15, now i am 16 and 17 weeks pregnant. That is a very rude thing to say to a young girl who made a mistake...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"