Georgia Babies
Options

Milton and John's Creek area

so I am dying here....living back at the house I grew up in WITH my parents! We MUST find a house soon!!! 2 questions:

1. anyone have friends/family who live in Bethany Commons in Milton? Anyone have friends/family in Milton who commute downtown?

2. anyone have friends/family in John's Creek (closer to 141) who commute downtown?

Re: Milton and John's Creek area

• Options

We just moved into the area about a month ago.  Our address is Cumming but its right on the fulton/forsyth border and a mile from John's creek.  we are near McGinnis Ferry and & 141.  DH communtes to Buckhead and he says it hasnt been too bad 30-40 minutes.  he has either left before 8a or after 9a & says its really hit or miss on 400.  we LOVE the area so far.  If you have any questions or are in the area & want to do a playdate or something send me a FB message.  I want to talk matilda jane too.  you've got me hooked:-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KerrinKerrin member

I live in Milton, in the Crabapple area.  DH commutes downtown.  Coming from his old commute to Stone Mountain, going downtown is a breeze.  Takes about an hour on average.  You can tinker around with your hours to beat the rush hour.

I love, love, love this area.  I love the rural aspect of it and love seeing all of the farms.  But good restaurants adn shopping are very close by.  The schools are really good....couldn't be happier.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I live off of 141, but closer to Peachtree Corners (near the Forum).  My husband works near Perimeter mall and generally takes him 20 minutes to get work (on a "rough" day it may be closer to 30 minutes).

I work in midtown and it  typically takes me between 30 minutes and 45 minutes to get to work (leaving around 7:45-8am).

Good luck!

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mmd7999, I must live very close to you - we also live right near the intersection of McGinnis Ferry and 141! Welcome to the area, we have been in this area for about 5 years and really like it as well! 
  • Options

We live in the John's Creek area.  (My address is technically Cumming but we are about 1/2 mile from John's Creek.) The commute into the city really depends on what time you leave in the morning.  I occasionally travel and have to commute to the airport.  I have found that if I leave before 7/7:15, I can be at perimeter in less than a half hour and downtown in 40 mins.  The closer you leave to 7:30/8, the longer the commute gets, particularly when school is in session. If you leave between 7:30/8, you are likely looking at an hour, cause there is a backup around Holcomb Bridge Rd.  If you can take back roads and get on 400 at Holcomb Bridge, (ie cut down Old Alabama), you might be able to avoid some of the traffic coming down on 400. Hope this helps!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! Either way I think we will look at an hour commute :( Wishful thinking that it would be easier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"