Missouri Babies

What are the L&D rooms like @ St. Luke's East (Lee's Summit)?

I haven't been able to find much info online.

I accidently posted this in the local nesties board too, but that board is pretty slow.

Thanks gals!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What are the L&D rooms like @ St. Luke's East (Lee's Summit)?

• They are pretty nice.  All single rooms with a couch that pulls out to a cot/bed for someone staying the night.  In the L&D rooms (at least the one I had) there are jacuzzi tubs to use during labor.  I didn't actually get to use it because my water broke before I got to the hospital.  There are two flatscreen TVs, internet, and the TV over the hospital bed connects to the internet and has on demand movies. 

I was moved to a different room after delivery and it was basically the same room without the jacuzzi tub.

• Thank you! Sounds great!

If you see this--  what did you think of the doctors & nurses as a whole? Would you recommend St. Luke's East?   I delivered my daughter in Savannah, GA, so I have no experience with KC hospitals other than visiting friends.  Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first child at Centerpoint, in Independence and my second at St Lukes East and I will be having my third at St Lukes East as well. The rooms were incredible I thought for being a hospital. My husband actually got some sleep on the couch since it was comfy and pulled out. And the nurses were SOOOO nice, the doctors too. I have scheduled c-sections but still everyone was so kind and helpful. They would even leave very personal updates for the changing shift nurse. I have trouble swallowing pills so they would tell the nurse after them to bring me applesauce to take my pills and they would store it for me at the station so no one would eat it all. I just thought that was above and beyond. My sister had her baby there and she had the same experience. Good luck!!
  • I had our daughter at St. Luke's East in LS in April 2009.  Rooms were nice and staff was very nice too.  I have no complaints.  And, the food wasn't bad either.  HAHA!  I had my doctor and our pediatrician, so I was pleased.  My husband stayed both nights I was there and had no complaints about the cot/ bed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"