Hawaii Babies
Options

**Leah** Radio Flyer Wagon?

Leah, I think you got Henry the Radio Flyer Wagon for his bday right?  Are you happy with it?  I have been looking around for a good price on the wagon and was just curious if you (and Henry!) were happy with it.
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: **Leah** Radio Flyer Wagon?

• Options

Oh my gosh!  He is in LOVE with this thing!  We just gave it to him a few days ago, and actually just went for our first walk in it yesterday, and again this morning.  He grins the whole time.  I think he really likes having a 360 panoramic view, rather than in the stroller.  It still in our living room, and he likes to push it around there, too.

The only thing is that I'm working on with him to stay seated when we stop.  He wants to stand.  They do make ones with seats and seatbelts, but we really didn't want a plastic wagon, we wanted the steel and wood one.  My SIL mentioned that she used an old portable booster seat with seatbelt in their wagon years ago, and we've been thinking about getting one of those anyway, so I might look into that.  Or just really work on sitting.  We've been working on staying seated in the bath, and we're making lots of progress, so I think he'll get this, too, if we try.

We kept an eye out on Amazon for several months.  The price changed anywhere from $95 to $125 for the steel-and-wood all-terrain one that we got.  We missed the $95 once, then it was higher again for a while.  When it got back down to $97, we jumped and got it then. 

We can't wait to go apple picking with this next month!

ETA:  It was a little bit of a PITA to put together, but only because it is so well-built.  This thing is a beast!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

**Butting in**

We have the steel and wood one too and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's really sturdy and heavy, so mostly for taking around your neighborhood (not that easy to transport around town), and it seems like it'll last a long time. It's a smooth ride and pretty easy to maneuver. A's 15 months and has been good about sitting for rides most of the time. If he stands, we just stop and take him out temporarily. He also loves to pull it around himself. We lucked out and got it on Amazon for $80, just before Christmas. Totally worth it and, in my opinion, much better than any of the plastic ones they make!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

also butting in :)

we don't have one but I've seen a lot of stuff like this goes on sale on amazon around the holidays

you can also check Craigslist, I've seen some pretty nice ones there too!

• Options
    imagelola808:

**Butting in**

We have the steel and wood one too and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's really sturdy and heavy, so mostly for taking around your neighborhood (not that easy to transport around town), and it seems like it'll last a long time. It's a smooth ride and pretty easy to maneuver. A's 15 months and has been good about sitting for rides most of the time. If he stands, we just stop and take him out temporarily. He also loves to pull it around himself. We lucked out and got it on Amazon for $80, just before Christmas. Totally worth it and, in my opinion, much better than any of the plastic ones they make!

We also have the steel and wood one (it's got the "chunkier" wheels for off-roading) and we love it. So does Libby! Ever since my dad sent it for her first birthday she no longer wants to ride in her jogger stroller for walks around the neighborhood. I do want to get the sun canopy for it though since it's SO hot here, but other than that, we just thew in some random outdoor furniture cushions we had and she sits in it just fine for our walks.

• Options
    thanks for the input!  It is definitely on my list for her, but since it is a little pricey, I wanted to make sure it was worth it!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"