North Carolina Babies

diaper size question

I recently moved Nate up to size 2 diapers but now I'm wondering if we need to go to size 3.  The past 2-3 days all of his poops go up his back and out the leg holes.  Twice I was holding him when he pooped and changed him almost right away and still poop up the back and almost out the legs--would've gone out the legs if I hadn't gotten him to the changing table right away.  The diapers seem to be holding pee just fine.

He's 3 months (today!) and probably about 13-14 pounds.  We use Seventh Generation diapers and have never had a problem with them not being able to hold enough.  Since Scott was a preemie I have no idea what "most" infants Nate's size are wearing diaper-wise. Thoughts? 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: diaper size question

• I always found that DS needed to move to the next size based on when the lbs started. For instance, if size 2 is 12-18lbs; and size 3 is 15-20lbs - we would switch at 15 lbs. Not sure that makes sense.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Callie will be 4mo on the 30th and she's still in 1's. Granted, she's about busting out of them, so we're doing mostly 1's with some 2's mixed in @ nights and for errands. We have SO MANY 1's I'm trying to use them! She is 14.10lbs and we use Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebecki777:
    I always found that DS needed to move to the next size based on when the lbs started. For instance, if size 2 is 12-18lbs; and size 3 is 15-20lbs - we would switch at 15 lbs. Not sure that makes sense.

This is basically what we did with Wesley. But it also depended on the brand we used, too...some he could wear a little longer than others. He's almost 20 months and is in 4s at the moment.

• I don't think you necessarily need to move up a size. I had the same issue with DD after she'd been in size 2s for a few weeks. I thought I needed to move up in size, but it turned out to be a short phase and we were able to stay in the 2s for awhile longer. I would finish up with the 2s you have and then move on to 3s. No need to let them go to waste!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You may need to switch brands too. I had this issue with Keira. She was pooping right out of Pampers 2's around 5mo and we had to switch to Huggies little snugglers.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks ladies!  We'll see how he does today.  I actually think he may have been having some tummy issues and was having massive poos!  He's had a few more "normal" poos that the 2s have held just fine.  Now just trying to decide what to order next--probably one case of 2s and one case of 3s--he'll get to the 3s eventually anyway and I think he'll be OK in 2s for awhile.  Thanks again!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"