February 2011 Moms
Options

Need some help!!

I need to get T on a schedule. I'm working from home and trying to avoid hiring someone. I think that if I get her on a schedule, I can make my calls when she's napping. I've been putting her down when she's sleepy and letting her make her own schedule pretty much!

She goes to bed around 9-10 and sleeps till 9-10. So, don't really need any schedule earlier or later than that...just a good daytime routine/schedule!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Need some help!!

• Options
    We don't have a set schedule either.  But, my DD does get sleepy about every 1.5-2 hours.  Does she usually sleep for the same amount of time during the day?  Try putting her down between 11-12 and then again 2 hours after however long she'll sleep.  It might take a week or so for her to get used to the schedule but it sounds like she's pretty consistent at night so hopefully daytime will be the same!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you trying to work a full-time schedule with DD at home?  Is your employer cool with that?  I only ask because I work from home and there's no way I could get in more than 5 hours or so a week just squeezing time in during naps.

The key to a successful nap schedule is to exhaust her as much as possible between naps.  Walks, errands out of the house, etc.  And try to do your chores around the house while she's awake so that you can focus on work during naps. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no...not full-time. Very part-time...20-25 hrs and I set my own hours...so I can do most at night...but need to make phone calls during the day.

She usually takes 2 really good naps...anywhere between 2-4 hour naps.

Thank you for that advice! I have her in her room right now and she's a little fussy and I can tell she's sleepy...but this is the part I have a hard time with. I would normally go get her after about 5 min of fussiness...I never let her get to the point where it's an all out cry. :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imagecgr8979:

She usually takes 2 really good naps...anywhere between 2-4 hour naps.

Wow, you're really lucky!  Of course, she'll randomly decide to wake up the second you're on an important call (or that's the way it works for me, at least).  Oh, and another thing that's worked for me is to do a mini bedtime routine before each nap, like a book and bottle/boob. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"