Houston Babies
Options

Dr Andrea Richter-Werning

Has anyone used her for delivery?  If so, whats your thoughts?  My last OBGYN that delivered my DD is over in Kingwood and I absolutely loved her.  We are TTC again and I love Dr RIchter as my GYN but was just wondering how she is on the OB side!

Thanks! 

Re: Dr Andrea Richter-Werning

• Options
    I don't have personal experience with her but I know she's been recommended on this board before.  I'm seeing one of the other doctors in the practice... i delivered with a different OB for #1 but I've been happy with the practice so far.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She is my OB and delivered my son.  I love her to pieces.  Anything in particular you want to know?
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAmyDrinkie:
    She is my OB and delivered my son.  I love her to pieces.  Anything in particular you want to know?

Thanks!

Over in Kingwood, my doctor was there when I started pushing.  Is she like that or do the nurses start the pushing and you have to hold off until the dr gets there?  My first pregnancy wasn't easy...bled until 22 weeks, small uterus so DD ran out of room and fluid early so they had to induce at 38 weeks.  I guess I'm scared having been through the first one and having a different dr for the 2nd one.  Paranoid I guess...lol 

• Options

I started pushing with the nurses and she was in and out to check on things (I pushed for 2.5hrs) until the last 45mins or so before the delivery.  Mine wasn't an induction though, and she just happened to be the on-call dr. the day I delivered so she had other on-call duties to attend to which is totally understandable.

I don't know how different it would have been if I'd had a scheduled induction.

"If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • Options

I went in the night before I had my daughter to start Cervadil and they started Pitocin that morning.  I was only on it for about 30 minutes before they stopped the pitocin and said I didn't need it.  I pushed maybe 10 minutes tops.  I only remember a few pushes before I had her. I guess knowing what I went through before and her only getting to read about it in my records and hear from me makes me nervous...lol

Thanks Amy! 

• Options
    imagelafinley:

I went in the night before I had my daughter to start Cervadil and they started Pitocin that morning.  I was only on it for about 30 minutes before they stopped the pitocin and said I didn't need it.  I pushed maybe 10 minutes tops.  I only remember a few pushes before I had her. I guess knowing what I went through before and her only getting to read about it in my records and hear from me makes me nervous...lol

I bet there are a lot of doctors that wouldn't have made it for a delivery like that!  :) You are lucky!  Hehe!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"