Pregnant after 35

woke up lightheaded and weak

i woke up today feeling super lightheaded, like that feeling you get right before you're about to throw up- but constant. and very weak. i checked online a bit and i see that blood volume changes can create those symptoms or blood sugar levels. i'm at work and just wanting to know it's okay for me to working through this feeling. i just got some oatmeal and i'm sitting at my desk trying to relax a little. any thoughts?

Re: woke up lightheaded and weak

• Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Ohhh that is not fun!  I would say have something to eat and if you still feel light headed call your Dr.  But I am a worry wart :) Hope you feel better. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • To combat this be sure to wake and move slow.....have ritz crackers next to you in the bedroom.  Or any other cracker.  Nibble them slowly and then move slow when you sit up - wait for a few and then move.

Try never to leave your house on an empty stomach.  I learned at about the 11 week mark that not only does this happen to many woman but that if you ride a NYC subway with an empty stomach your pocket book may become a barf bag or you could do a face plant.....I did the latter.

Its hard....but if it makes you feel any better - baby is draining more than you think and is growing rapidly so no matter how healthy you are you will get drained and feel weak if you try to go about things the way you used to.....And it does get easier but the eating before you leave for work is a MUST.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto to what Jerzee1974 said.  It's important to eat before you leave for work and make sure to snack during the day.  I would call my dr. if the dizziness doesn't go away after eating.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I think that oatmeal will help a lot.  I'm with everyone else, eat as soon as you wake, bring snacks to work and graze all day!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • oh, jerzee- you spoke to my greatest fear! i def eat every day before i leave, thanks. but the constant grazing is the key- you all are so right. i felt like i was constantly chewing all day yesterday- oatmeal, melon, banana, carrot sticks, crackers, etc- hahahha, it's funny, but i do have to remember how many changes are going on. i think the constant healthy snacking will be a staple from now on. yesterday was so unpleasant- thank you for your help, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"