Washington Babies

***cwhip***

I remembered you posted your DD's b-day party about a month ago and that you made pie pops.  I am throwing a wedding shower and think they would be perfect!  How hard were they to make?  Do you have a recipe?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***cwhip***

• Yes ma'am!  I made these for her dessert table:

I actually had a lot of fun making them and once I got the rhythm down it went pretty easy. Now the cake pops I made for the table - I hated making those and thought they were a ton of work.  But I had issues with my balls being too big and sliding down - ha!  :)~ This was the tutorial I looked at before I started from the divine Ms. Bakerella: https://www.bakerella.com/easy-as-pie/ Only differences were I used cookie pop sticks (the bigger thicker ones), sprinkled the tops of the pops before baking with clear sugar sprinkles and added a little heart cutout of dough, and mine took a little longer to cook, I think about 18 minutes.  My other tips - Trader Joe's has the best frozen pie dough in my opinion, it's really tasty and buttery (unless you plan to make your own, but I didn't even attempt that).  I made my pie filling beforehand and I made it pretty thick with cornstarch, kind of the consistency of jam, and I think that helped keep the filling from running out. Oh and assemble them right on the lined baking sheets (I love my Silpat liners!).  I stored them in big tupperware tabs with wax paper between them and they stayed fresh for about 2 days.  Let me know if you need any other help!  :)
    -Deborah

• Thanks for the tips!  I might try to make them this weekend and see how they turn out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"