South Carolina Babies
Options

Myrtle Beach area hospitals?

I'm headed down to the Myrtle Beach area (Calabash, NC, specifically) this weekend and my midwife wanted me to scope out hospitals in the area before we leave just in case. Does anyone have any recommendations for hospitals with good NICUs?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: Myrtle Beach area hospitals?

• Options

Your closest NICU will be in Florence, SC.  It's at McLeod Health.  I just delivered my sweet baby girl at McLeod in April.  She spent 6 weeks in the NICU there.  The staff was wonderful!!

McLeod Health

555 East Cheves Street

Florence, SC 29501

(843) 777-2000 

Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    imageRachie_B:

Your closest NICU will be in Florence, SC.  It's at McLeod Health.  I just delivered my sweet baby girl at McLeod in April.  She spent 6 weeks in the NICU there.  The staff was wonderful!!

McLeod Health

555 East Cheves Street

Florence, SC 29501

(843) 777-2000 

Thanks! She's beautiful. Fortunately, we didn't need it :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Be advised though that Florence is almost a 2 hour drive through summer traffic (which if its weekend, definately longer) from Calabash. You may want to look into hospitals in the Wilmington area instead...its only about 45 mins up 17 and there will be considerably less traffic this time of year.

If you do not need a NICU, the closest hospital to you would be Grand Strand Regional in Myrtle Beach...which has a very reputable birth center.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"