April 2011 Moms
Options

Somewhat embarrassing, personal question

DH and I were having some trouble rekindling our intimacy.  Things filtered out probably in January for us, because I was no longer feeling attractive, and he was too afraid to do anything.  Then after the baby's arrival, things haven't gotten any better.  I'm very self-conscious, and very tired.  Well, FINALLY, last night the stars aligned and we had the opportunity (and the energy) to be intimate.  The foreplay was wonderful, but then when it came to the actual act, things started to fall apart.  It was excruciatingly painful.  In fact I made my husband stop, really before anything got started.  Is it just me?  Anybody else experience this problem? And how do I get it to go away?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Somewhat embarrassing, personal question

• Options
    Pretty sure it's happened to most of us. It hurts for awhile but the best way to fix it us to do it. Use lube,lots of forplay and go slow. Also I think when it goes in is the worst. I still take deep breathes to relax but then it's good. I know it sounds really weird but my dr suggested vegetable oil. It works and it doesn't dry out like some lubes do. I think other ppl on here like astroglide. Gl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsLCHMrsLCH member
    Lube.  Lots and lots and lots of lube.  If you think you've used enough, use some more!  We use Astroglide.  My doc also suggested vegetable oil but that kind of weirds me out.  Also, go slow.  He can't just try to jam it in there  Wink  A glass (or two) of wine always helps too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDWHIPEDWHIP member

OMG!

The same thing happened to us this weekend.  It was SO painful.  The worst was the swelling that happened for an hour afterwards.  WTF?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I've never used it, but the ancient Greeks used olive oil. You know, if that would be less weird than vegetable oil.

It took about three tries for us to actually be able to "finish"...

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate it!
  • Options
    After the first time post baby I asked The H when he had the razer blades installed.
  • Options
    Lots of lube and a glass of wine :)
    image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Options

imageAlirebco:
    Lots of lube and a glass of wine :)

this.

I'm rarely in the mood without wine.  It was the same for the first six months or so after Drew was born.  However, for me, my sex drive kicked into major gear after those first six months.  I had more desire (and - TMI - found it much more enjoyable) than I ever had in my life.  I'm hoping that comes back again!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"