Wisconsin Babies

Milwaukee area suburb recs?

We are looking to move from Boston to the Milwaukee area this fall. I don't really know anyone in this area (though DH is originally from Brookfield) and am nervous about it. I am looking for a town that is a little more diverse and has a bit more of a city feel.

Today, we went to look at houses in Whitefish Bay. We love the neighborhood and how "walkable" the town is, but are not sure we want to sacrifice the space... we have two large dogs and a baby on they way!

Does anyone have suggestions of a compromise? Somewhere where I could get out walking around town and meeting people, but where we'd also be able to have a yard and maximize our space?

TTC since 10/07
11 medicated cycles
including...
4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Milwaukee area suburb recs?

• My husband and I bought our first home in Wauwatosa last year.  We're within walking distance of "the Village" and just love it here.  I think it's going to be a great place to raise our family.  Our home happens to be a smaller bungalow with a small backyard (which is what we wanted), but there are plenty of options for bigger homes in the area, too. 

Happy Hunting and advanced welcome to the Milwaukee area!

• I've heard great things about Wauwatosa as well, and my mom grew up in Shorewood and loved it.  She really wanted us to move there, but we just couldn't find a rental that had the space we needed and would allow our pets (as it is, we had to give one of our dogs - our puppy - to my parents).  In any case, hubby found a place in Waukesha, which is just west of Brookfield, and is actually quite a nice area.  Places are bigger, the crime is low, it's a community in and of itself, but still has super easy (and fast!) access to the hustle and bustle of Milwaukee.  We just moved here at the end of May, so I don't know about the quality of the school district (although I hear it's good), etc., but it's another option for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in Glendale which is a little less "walkable" (we don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood) for example, but we love it.  We're just about 5 minutes from Whitefish Bay.  Have you looked at Mequon/Thiensville?
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We have sort of considered Glendale, Shorewood, Bayside and Fox Point. We also considered Mequon... it's still 'in the running' though it's a bit further out that we're thinking.

I just peeked at your blog in your siggy. How do you find the Jewish community in Mke? I'm Jewish, though my husband is not.

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.