Success after IF
Options

Didn't get the house :(

I am in such a funk today. We found out last night that the seller of the house we were interested in can barely afford to go below his list price at all. WTF - that seems so dumb to me!! The list price is just more than we can afford, so we're done.

I am so sad. It was just perfect!! I know people say you shouldn't get emotionally attached to a house before it's yours, but I honestly don't get that. How can anyone commit to spending that much money on something without having imagined living in it, where your furniture would go, waking up there, etc.? I have to see myself in a place before I can commit to putting in an offer to buy it!

I'm also p!ssed, because we spent every week night last week and the entire weekend prettying up our house for sale - packing up winter clothes, xmas decor, furniture that made rooms look too full, etc.. We moved things to a storage unit on Saturday and Sunday. And now I feel like we did all of that for nothing. :(

Sorry about the whiny vent - just thought I'd update since some have asked! 

Back to pouting...

Re: Didn't get the house :(

• Options

boo!  I'm so sorry!  that's really tough!  And I have no idea how you could NOT get attached to a house!  We got jerked around a lot when we bought our house and it was horrible! 

I hope that this just means that now you are going to find THE PERFECT house in the PERFECT price range soon!  (((HUGS))))

• Options
    i'm sorry sweetie. i hope you find another one that you love even more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's really hard.  Whenever we've put an offer on a house, I always get really stressed waiting to hear if the offer was accepted.  What a letdown for you.  Hopefully you will find another perfect house someday very soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  I agree, you need to feel the house is a good fit for you emotionally before you put in an offer-- often it works out, I'm so sorry this time it did not.  But I am sure your house is out there, so you certainly didn't waste  your time getting your house ready.  Hang in there!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Boooooooo! I am really hoping you guys find something even better soon! This housing market sucks ass...
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options

pout away, I get that.  

I'm sorry. You didn't do it for nothing though. There's an open window right around the corner ;-)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Too bad you didn't get the house and hopefully you will find another soon...but I have to say as someone currently selling a house, i find it a little offensive that you are blaming the seller. I'm sure he's thinking why are you looking at a house you can't afford. There are lots of people on here selling their houses and nobody wants to be low-balled or take the financial hit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are closing on a house next week.  We made an offer in March.  They rejected it because they wanted close to asking.  3 months later, their agent contacted our agent (she knew we loved the house) and they accepted our offer.  It took a long time but we were patient.

Just because the seller wants a certain price, doesn't mean the market will bear that price.  Maybe the seller is realistic about the price - or maybe they are living in the pre-2006 world and don't accept the reality of the market.  It is a buyer's market and if no one will pay his price, maybe he will come back to you down the road.  Keep looking - maybe you'll find something you love more...or maybe you can revisit the house you love in a few months.

Good luck!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    kme930kme930 member

imagesliz:
    Too bad you didn't get the house and hopefully you will find another soon...but I have to say as someone currently selling a house, i find it a little offensive that you are blaming the seller. I'm sure he's thinking why are you looking at a house you can't afford. There are lots of people on here selling their houses and nobody wants to be low-balled or take the financial hit.

Without going too far into it, I'm frustrated with the seller for three reasons:

1. The sellers are getting divorced, and the agent told us numerous times that our bid would work and, furthermore, that the wife was planning to file a motion to compel the husband to accept our offer. Neither happened despite the significant encouragement we received to bid at the level we did.
    2. I've moved a lot and never once have I or my family put a place on the market expecting it to sell at the list price or within 2% of list. It sets an unreasonable expectation among buyers - particularly in a down market.
    3. Their price is unreasonable within the market on a psf basis relative to comps that have sold recently. So yes, I do expect them to give on their price to be more in line. 
    I'm sorry you found my post offensive, but we did not low-ball them.
  • Options
    :( I'm sorry, I'd be disappointed too. Hopefully you will find an even better home soon!
  • Options
    Ali212Ali212 member
    I'm sorry...I know that's such a bummer.  I truly believe everything happens for a reason though.  That means an even better house that is more perfect WILL come along.  
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Pout away.  That royally sucks.  But take heart that you didn't pack and clean for nothing - something will turn up :).

And sliz, way to take the post personally.  It isn't all about you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kme930kme930 member
    imageJillAly:

We are closing on a house next week.  We made an offer in March.  They rejected it because they wanted close to asking.  3 months later, their agent contacted our agent (she knew we loved the house) and they accepted our offer.  It took a long time but we were patient.

Just because the seller wants a certain price, doesn't mean the market will bear that price.  Maybe the seller is realistic about the price - or maybe they are living in the pre-2006 world and don't accept the reality of the market.  It is a buyer's market and if no one will pay his price, maybe he will come back to you down the road.  Keep looking - maybe you'll find something you love more...or maybe you can revisit the house you love in a few months.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'm hoping they come to their senses, but they've had this house on the market for almost 2 years (!) - they are hopelessly stubborn. 

• Options
    Booo...I'm sorry. just thin though, your perfect house is still out there waiting for you to discover it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww, man, I'm so sorry.  I hope you find an even better house soon.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Boo, I'm sorry hon. I know that was disappointing for you guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"