Illinois Babies

This is why we don't measure in fruit!

*just venting*  

So, this fruit measurement thing is getting a little crazy. How can my baby be the size of a Cantaloupe at week 20, then a banana at week 21?? At my produce store, cantaloupes are larger than a banana!

Re: This is why we don't measure in fruit!

• Until 20 weeks, the baby is measured head to rump.  At 21 weeks, the baby uncurls, and the measurement goes from head to foot.  That is the reason the fruits seem odd at that time.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • tmrchitmrchi member
    very interesting.  Switching between comparing round fruits then oblong and oddly shaped fruits seems to make things a bit funky.  I'm still TTC so haven't looked that far ahead yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • And once you hit 22ish weeks, you stay the same fruit for weeks at a time. I've over this eggplant.

• imageFianschneid:

And once you hit 22ish weeks, you stay the same fruit for weeks at a time. I've over this eggplant.

Yep.  I'm a honeydew for a few weeks now.  The baby doesn't grow much at the end, just gains weight.  I liked it better when the shape changed weekly; it was fun to see.

Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Also, some of the countdowns go by weight and not length after awhile.  I know BabyCenter changed to weight after I go to 20 something weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"