Pregnant after a Loss

photo props for newborn shoot?

Yesterday, I commented that I'm going to attempt my own newborn photo shoot with Rambo before paying for a pricey photog.

I got this hat a while ago on Etsy: 

Who wants me to find some other cute hats, props, etc.? Big Smile

Married 7/19/09
MC 9/8/10
Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: photo props for newborn shoot?

• I love the precious hats on Etsy!!  A friend of mine had her baby photographed in this cocoon like thing.  It was really cute!  What else can you find?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
    BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
    BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
    Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG, adorbs.  My mother made me a very cute pumpkin hat for LO (due in October), and is working on a sock monkey hat...so I am looking forward to having a couple props in place when LO arrives!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Swaddle blankets are always good too
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • What do you guys think of this? Cute, or just average?

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • OR...

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • Or just a naked baby is adorable too!

Have you guys seen Aubs13's photos? They are so.freaking.cute. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • This is the photog we are using if you want some inspiration

https://www.cristaacosta.com/blog/

6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • After our fairly successful attempt at DIY maternity pics, I think that we too will be attempting DIY newborn pics as well.

So I too have been searching for inspiration and prop ideas.

Here are some of my faves thus far:

Obviously nothing so frilly for a boy, but some type of bloomers or diaper cover - maybe with LO's name on it?

A decorative blanket and a basket

I don't necessarily love them on LO's back like this, but some type of building block spelling out LO's name.

Stuffed animals

This set reminds of a pea in the pod - so cute!

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • Have you ever seen any of the hats I posted that my mom makes? She makes all kinds of animal and holiday hats. I asked her to start making them for me for the purpose of pictures. She has ventured out and sells them now too. They are $10.00 and $1.75 shipping. I can post pictures if you like?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think hats are just the cutest prop - and the one you got is adorable!

Have you thought of looking up photographers blogs for prop ideas?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageStephK86:
    Have you ever seen any of the hats I posted that my mom makes? She makes all kinds of animal and holiday hats. I asked her to start making them for me for the purpose of pictures. She has ventured out and sells them now too. They are $10.00 and $1.75 shipping. I can post pictures if you like?

I haven't seen them, but I'd like to! 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • imagekathymarie:

imageStephK86:
    Have you ever seen any of the hats I posted that my mom makes? She makes all kinds of animal and holiday hats. I asked her to start making them for me for the purpose of pictures. She has ventured out and sells them now too. They are $10.00 and $1.75 shipping. I can post pictures if you like?

I haven't seen them, but I'd like to! 

Me too!

I only posted ones for a boy. There is also a panda, pea in the pod, candy corn, pumpkin, one with a skull on the front and that's all I can remember for now!

• imageStephK86:

I only posted ones for a boy. There is also a panda, pea in the pod, candy corn, pumpkin, one with a skull on the front and that's all I can remember for now!

So adorable! She should make an Etsy shop! 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • I found a football hat on etsy which I'm sure DH will like.  I like the naked pics too. 
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • So cute! I just googled newborn photography and started looking through them for ideas. I found some where they take old fashioned suitcases and put a fluffy blanket in it and put the baby on there. My late great grandma happened to give me her old suitcase that is maybe a foot long. It has her initials monogrammed on it also, and Kellen's middle name is her first name. I think it will make a perfect prop :) Do you have any family heirlooms like that you could use? I was also going to go to the craft store when they put baskets on clearance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekathymarie:

I got this hat a while ago on Etsy: 

OMG, that is TOOOOOO cute...do you mind telling me where on Etsy you got this...I might just have to purchase it!  I am also going to be doing my own photos, but it looks like people have given some really cute ideas!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • imageStephK86:

Is it wrong that I want several of these (particularly the ones with the big googly eyes) and I'm not even TTC again yet?  Love them!! 

Kathy, are you on pinterest?  If not, PM me and I'll send you an invite.  I have seen TONS of great baby photog ideas posted there. 

• imageEclairAngst:
    imageStephK86:

Is it wrong that I want several of these (particularly the ones with the big googly eyes) and I'm not even TTC again yet?  Love them!! 

Kathy, are you on pinterest?  If not, PM me and I'll send you an invite.  I have seen TONS of great baby photog ideas posted there. 

Not wrong at all! I'm PMing you now... 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"