D.C. Area Babies

Filling up before bed?

The past week, C has had a hard time going to sleep at night.  I nurse him and he falls asleep on the boob, but when I put him in his crib, he wakes up and either fusses for a long long time, or starts screaming.  It seems that the only thing that helps is to feed him more (formula, since I'm tapped by that time).  Is it ok to fill him up at night like that?  I don't want to overfeed him, but he's always been one to stop drinking when he's full.

Additionally, part of how he's acting seems somewhat like separation anxiety.  Sometimes when he wakes up and I am at his cribside, he is ok, but when I leave the room that's when he starts to get upset.

Any thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Filling up before bed?

• DD is about two months behind you but she just started doing this as well. DH has been feeding her a bottle of BM at bedtime on the weekends and she'll ususally stop eating before the bottle runs out. She's all smiles and happiness but when he goes to put her in the crib she starts whining/crying. Usually the only thing that gets her sleepy enough to go down is he'll feed her the rest of the bottle. Sometimes this will happen when I nurse her at bedtime too, and I'll just put her back on and she'll drink and then go to sleep. I'm actually glad she'll take the extra milk because it means she'll most likely sleep longer if she's all full up. So, I don't think it's a problem. Sometimes I think they realize that they're going to be milk-free for a while and want to "top off" for the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, fill 'er up!  With DS (8 months old) we give a full bottle before bed aroun 7:00 pm and then a dream feed at 10:30 pm.  We did this with both our other kids - the full bottle before bed then the dream feed. 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"