Detroit Babies
Options

Please Recommend Park for Bday Party

Trying to find a park for DD's 1st bday party.  Will probably be around 50 adults/children and would need playground since most kids are older than DD and have area for set-up for us to rent a Bouncy House.  Hoping to stay in Royal Oak/Ferndale/Berkley area.  Would also like to find a place where there will not be multiple parties going on (was going to rent pavilion at park near our house but there are 2 other parties going on and obviously the city can't tell me what kind of parties they are and they are allowed to have beer & wine but no liquor and I just don't want to deal with that).  Thanks!

Re: Please Recommend Park for Bday Party

• Options

i'm sorry i'm bad with the park names.. but i know locations :)

There's one on Campbell just south of 11 mile. i think there's only one pavilion there though. it's a nice park, worth checking out. (royal oak)

There's also Gary Park (i believe is the name), on Pinecrest it's on the borderline of Ferndale and Pleasant Ridge just north of 9 mile. very nice park. 

In Ferndale... on Hilton, just south of 9 mile. the elementary school used to be Wilson, i believe now it's a university high school or something. i've seen a lot of parties there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No suggestions just my recent experience, we have dd's party at StarJaycee in RO. I don't think I would go back there for another one of her parties. There are 3 pavilions... East, Big and West, we rented out the east because it was the only one available and we were having a lot of kids.  By the time we got there the other 2 pavilions parties had already started so parking was a NIGHTMARE... also the east pavilion was the furthest away so setting up/carrry coolers, etc was a pain. Bad planning on my part but all things I didn't think about....The grass wasn't cut which was annoying since we paid for the pavilion...

The plus side we didn't even notice the 2 other parties besides the parking issues, I mean the kids played and didn't have any issues, the bathrooms were always free and they were not loud or anything.

My first choice was VFW (Lincoln and Campbell) but that was booked, it's the only 1 pavilion park in RO.

Good Luck!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My friend just had her DD#2's first birthday party @ this park: https://www.shelbyparksandrecreation.org/RBPInfoMap.html

This park is near their home and the pavillion they were at had their own rest rooms and was right near the playground. They had a small moon bounce. The kids had a lot of fun and it had it's own parking area so I think a lot of the adults enjoyed the location as well.

My friend is very cheap so she didn't actually rent the pavillion, just called the friday before the sunday party to make sure no one had rented it and then sent her husband to the park at 6am to start setting up and standing guard so no one would try to take the pavillion. I'm too much of a worrier to even think of putting a location on a printed invitation you sent to 50 guests and just hope the location is available, but it worked out perfectly.

Also, just and FYI if you do have a party at a park it's a great idea to bring a couple extra rolls of toilet paper for the restrooms-just incase. With all these cities hurting financially services and facilities aren't as maintained as they used to be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"