North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Apps for android

Okay, so I finally joined the 21st century and got a smart phone :)  I'm clueless about apps!  I felt pretty darn special yesterday that I used FB, Twitter and Gmail from my phone LOL.  What are some of your must have apps?  I feel like I don't even know what to search for in the app store LOL!
Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Apps for android

• Options
    When I had my smartphone I liked several game apps - Words with Friends, Angry Birds, WordSearch were a few.  Mint was a nice financial app that helped me keep track of all my spending and our budget.  I had an issue with my old phone about always running out of space and having no memory, so I had to delete a lot of apps all the time, but I would say these few got the most use from me.  I also had weather, twitter, gmail, facebook and Pandora that got a lot of use.
  • Options

I asked last week about toddler apps, here's a link to that post:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/55928677.aspx

So far, my favorite apps are:

Peep (for twitter), Facebook, GasBuddy, Yelp, Wapedia, iTriage, Movies, Grocery iQ, GeoQpons, Barcode Scanner, Words With Friends, Open Table, Places, IMDb, Kindle, Goggles and Angry Birds.

Maddie really likes Toddler Lock, although it seems kind of boring to me, lol. But I like that it locks the rest of my phone so I can hand it to her and know that she isn't going to mess with anything else. 

Oh, and all of these are free ones. I use Grocery iQ a lot, it's probably my favorite!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love the Kindle, Air Control Lite, Craigslist, Flashlight (I use this to read in bed at night if I am reading an actual book instead of using the kindle app), Google+, Fruit Slice, LibraryAnywhere, Google Maps/Navigation, My fitness pal, and Netflix (I stream movies while I run on the treadmil). All of these are free! :-)

I am so addicted to my phone!

• Options

Call Confirm (so you don't dial someone by accident)

Words with Friends

Kindle

Key Ring

Gas Buddy

Latitude

ShopSavvy

Pandora

Color Note

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My favorites are:

Words with Friends

Foursquare

Pandora

Ab Workout (FREE)

Bible

redbox

tv guide mobile

wral.com

zedge (for ringtones)

The Weather channel

scanner radio (you can listen to local police channels)

These are all free.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"