Illinois Babies
Options

Daycare- Chicago

Hi,

I am currently living in Philadelphia but am moving to Chicago right after our baby is born.  Does anyone have any suggestions about good daycares in Chicago? And how soon would I need to start looking at them- will I need to be worried about being put on a waitlist or anything?

Thanks!

Re: Daycare- Chicago

• Options

well it depends on a lot: where in the city you'll be living, do you want baby in daycare near home or work, do you want daycare center or in-home care, etc, etc.

we live on the northwest side, DH works north, i work northwest- both an hour away at times so we opted to keep baby in daycare by one of our jobs (mine). we started looking at daycares midway through the pregnancy and fortunately there was no wait list or anything. but it's very different in the city, especially the closer you get to downtown.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, you will definitely want to get on a waitlist. We put ourselves on two waitlists when I was about 13 weeks pregnant. One of them we got into when DS was 3 months old, the other one we literally just got a call from a week ago (so, 21 months after we put our names on the list). 

As far as recs, it will really depend on where in Chicago you are living and, like pp said, if  you plan on using a DCP near home or work. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"