Hawaii Babies

How do you know when your belly has popped?

Yes I'm back with another silly question.

I'm at 17 weeks today...so far everything is still going well with the pregnancy. The only thing I've noticed this last week is that I'm losing my appetite around dinner time and I haven't really been gaining any weight for the last few weeks. I gotta figure out how to pig out more.

Anyways, being the impatient person that I am, I've been waiting to feel the baby do something. When did you ladies start feeling your baby kicking, pushing, etc against your belly? Also, when did your belly pop? And how did you know it did? Everyone keeps talking about it but I have no idea how to tell. I asked my coworker the other day if I was starting to look pregnant and he said yes. But he also said its because he knows I'm pregnant and that's why he said I look pregnant. If he didn't know, he said he might have thought i was just getting really fat. Doh.

OK that is all...have a good Thursday ladies!  :)

image halekulani 02.02.08 my kickass bio :P

Re: How do you know when your belly has popped?

• I don't remember exactly when I could feel the baby kick or move.  But I remember it wasn't on the early end.  I think they said you could feel movement b/t 17 - 20 weeks and I was close to the end of that window and didn't feel anything.  I remember the day before what could have been the "big gender reveal" u/s, my tummy just started twitching and then those twitches became more noticeable and more frequent.  But I don't ever remember feeling "butterflies". 

I just went to look back at when I really started to look pg & looking at those pics, I remember being 4, 5, 6 months and thinking "OMG, I'm huge" but compared to how big I got in the last couple of months, I looked hardly pg at all.  :)   I guess it is the 3rd trimester that you look really, really pg (at least for me!)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • inamrainamra member

I remember I didn't really feel the baby move that much until sometime before the gender u/s at around 20wks or so...I agree with pp that it was somewhere around 17-20wks.

As for "popping", here's a visual reference as to what happened to me:

I would say that I technically popped at 17wks (I had a huge gap between 8-17wks because I was bedridden for a while), but I guess it looked more like I was just getting fat...so maybe 19wks? But I think it still looked like I just came out of a huge buffet until maybe 28wks when it looked more like a baby bump instead of a full stomach?

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember feeling kicks and twirls around 16 weeks or so, but everyone around me was convinced it wasn't that... but a few weeks later, it was still the same feeling, so I was relieved I wasn't the crazy one.

I don't think mine looked like a bump until around 21 weeks. It sort of looked like pudge up until then Stick out tongue 

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With Elyse (my first) I first felt her moving at 18w5d, with this baby I first felt him/her move at about 16 weeks.  Russ felt it move outside at about 19 weeks.  I can't wait for Elyse to feel her baby brother or sister move.  

With Elyse my belly didn't pop until about 18 weeks - 20 weeks.  Now I'm showing WAY earlier.  I knew it popped when people started asking if I was pregnant :)  This time I realized it popped when I took a pic of Elyse sitting on the floor and I got my belly in the picture.  

• i popped right around 19w, and starting feeling little gas bubbles right around then too, though it wasn't until our 20w ultrasound that i started feeling them more often!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine popped early, for obvious reasons. Stick out tongue I announced my pregnancy at 12 weeks at work, because by that point it was getting pretty obvious lol!

I actually didn't feel kicks until pretty late - I think 21/22 weeks? I had an anterior placenta (i.e., it was aligned along the front of my uterus), so it absorbed the force of their kicks and I didn't feel anything for some time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"