North Carolina Babies

New Moms in Raleigh

Are you a new mom in Raleigh with an infant 3mos or younger?  Would you be interested in meeting up to meet other moms in the same boat as you?

A local baby store has time and space for just that, and I've tried going the last two weeks but no one shows up.  So, I'm trying to figure out what might get more new moms interested in going.  

It currently is set to meet on Mondays at 9am, which personally is a bit early for me and I suggested they change the time to later in the morning or sometime in the afternoon.  

Anyways, any suggestions you might have I'd love to hear because I'd really like to meet some other new moms in the area.

Re: New Moms in Raleigh

• There is a group of SAHMs that meet once or twice per week. You can join the group officially once you attend a GTG at a public place. Then we can add you to the official group and put you on our Google calendar of events. We just need to make sure you're not a creep-o stalker who will chop us up. :)  There are a few of us who have recently had babies but it is our second child. My 2nd baby is 3 mo and change right now. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Personally I wouldn't go to any store to meet up with people, esp at 9am (crazy). I am a member of the group Lala mentioned. I am not a new mom but I do have a 7 week old.

Try Meetup.com (there is a HUGE N. Raleigh/Wake Forest group) and your local chapter of MOMS club. You should have luck with that, and also look into joining MOPS come August.  Also look into your local library, most of them do a baby story time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • trianglemommies.com  they have a calendar FULL of events and they separate them by areas in the triangle and then by the age of your child.  I've had lots of luck there! ;)

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • HI- I just moved to the area and have a 15 week old... I have been thinking about joining a group. What do you do with 15wk olds and do you meet in the Apex/Holly Springs area??
  • Lalabee & dbertagni - Is this group you talk about the one for mom's under 35?  I read their pages on meetup and it seemed as though they have lots of rules.  Plus, I will be 34 this year and hate to meet people only be able to be a part of their group for 1 year.

dbertagni - I'll check out the other two you recommended

MelBee12 - Thanks, I'll check out their website.

Thanks to all three of you!

• imageunc_pirate:

Lalabee & dbertagni - Is this group you talk about the one for mom's under 35?  I read their pages on meetup and it seemed as though they have lots of rules.  Plus, I will be 34 this year and hate to meet people only be able to be a part of their group for 1 year.

We have a SAHM play group comprised  from girls from this board. The group is pretty small and close-knit and it's wonderful to have weekly GTG's. We float between all of our homes and various places around the Triangle. (Pools, parks, movies, lunch/ice-cream dates, etc.) We also do mom's night out's but that is extended to all the local mom's from the board (an additional group we created) so they can participate as well. This larger group does weekend GTG's since they can't do weekday ones. Feel free to ask any questions. If you are interested in coming to the next GTG page akspriss and she'll give you the info on the next location! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"