Two Under 2
Options

***CaitlinJ22***

I'm pretty sure that I've read at some point that you cloth diaper. I'm thinking of switching to cloth to save money. So, what kind of diapers do you use.

I've been looking into bum genius one-size diapers so that both boys can use the same diapers and then I'll (hopefully) have to buy fewer. Have you used them?

ETA: There is a lot for sale on craigslist for 18 Bum Genius 3.0 AIO, 18 Microfiber Diaper Doubler, and 18 Adjustable Microfiber Diaper Inserts. Is this a good deal?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***CaitlinJ22***

• Options

We use them part time, while out of the house its hard to change often (with cloth you have to change every 2 hours or less) and DS is a heavy wetter and leaks often. I also like pampers at night since they are very absorbant and not bulky so when DD was a baby she could roll onto her side or belly and sleep better. IF I just had one in diapers I would go full time, but two is harder I think.

BGs are great, they wont fit a newborn though. DD fit in them at 5 wks--she was a chunky one though, and DS was 2.5 months when he fit into them. They are bulky since they are one size, but you spend less $$ since they grow with the child. I like the 4.0s better since they have a higher rise. By 16 months they were too short on DS and he would pee out the top at times...he was tall, now he's average height.

I would be careful buying used ones that were used for 1.5 years or more since the elastic goes fast. I sold my BG 3.0's after using them for 2 yrs part time, and the elastic was shot from putting them in the dryer, so I sold them to someone who could replace the elastic (i had no desire). Now I line dry all my diapers. I would ask if the diapers were lined dry or not. You can find good deals with companies that used them as a rental for a few months and that will be as good as new. Anyway, I like BG one size 4.0s, I like the AIOs but they arent as absorbant and take a LONG time to dry. I like fuzzibunz mediums..they fit DD when she was about 5-6 months old to DS now who is 30 lbs and 2.5. They are great and snaps are the way to go in my opinion. They are intimidating for husbands, but velcro gets gross, and sticks to everything.

The cheapest way to go is thirsties covers, or Flip covers and prefolds. But they dont keep the kid dry so they feel the wetness, and of course they arent as user friendly. But you can cut strips of fleece and lay them btwn baby and diaper to stay dry. 

You should try a rental program now and see what you like on DS. You can keep what you like and return the rest. Try jilliansdrawers.com . 

try this :   https://www.theecofriendlyfamily.com/2009/08/mother-load-everything-you-need-to-know.html

hth!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"