Preemies
Options

Venting...

So DH freaked out today because he called and text me and I didn't pick up...I was kangaroo-ing LO so I wasn't able to get the phone, plus I was in the NICU...so DH's text read something like this "do you even care?  I am calling and texting about our LO and you can't even let me know how he's doing?  Don't even bother calling me today, I'll check in on him myself, you don't even want me to be involved"  Where did this come from?!  I usually text back within seconds if I can (if I'm not driving, holding LO, showering, etc..) Last night, we were doing fine and today...What the heck?  After coming home, I tried to explain why I couldn't get to the phone and he was like its not just today, your world is revolving around LO..Ok, ladies, I feel like this was a little outta line...I spend only 2 hours a day with LO in the NICU and yes I worry all the time, but I feel like I have a right to..I just want him to come home.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage

Re: Venting...

• Options
    This may just be his way of venting and letting off some steam, though by no means is it right.  And yes, your world is revolving around your baby whether it's in the NICU or if you went home after the birth, that is something he needs to understand.  Maybe you and H can come up with a plan that when you're at the hospital that you will not be using your phone unless it's an emergency and if he really needs to know what is going on with your LO then he can call the nurse's station.  Sorry about this and GL.
  • Options
    I agree with str8ota. Also, I kind of freaked out on DH because he didn't call me in a timely manner (IMHO) when V was very sick. He's stressed out as much as you are he's just not handling it well. Talk to him In a couple days when this particular incident isn't so fresh....tell him to buck up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry that your husband responded in this manner.  Just remember you are both under A LOT of STRESS!!  Having a little one in the NICU is a very emotional stressful event!!  Unfortunately when we are under emotional stress we can come across in ways we don't intend to.  

Try not to to be too upset with your husband, but explain that you understand his stress, but that was not the way to talk to you.

I wish you both the best of luck.  Remind each other how much you love one another in this stressful time!!

Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Ditto the PPs, from being on this board so long a common theme seems to that DHs process the emotions very differently than we do. Just try to have patience, remember that you're on the same team, and get through this time. Things will get better. *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"