Blended Families

Still waiting...and meanwhile...?

BM's attorney filed for ANOTHER extension on the CO modification. Deadline was yesterday, however our attorney is out of contact until next Wednesday due to cancer treatment. So I highly doubt anything will be done about the CO before SD has to be returned in August. Unless of course that is if CPS has opened a case into SD's living conditions at BM's house. But unfortunately, we can't get any answers as to whether a claim has even been filed. 

Meanwhile we contacted BM and let her know when we would be returning SD. We planned a family vacation involving a coastal road trip and the route takes us directly to BM's front door on our way home. I thought this was a fabulous plan since we could drop off SD and BM wouldn't have to travel at all (usually 3.5 hours each direction). The trouble is that I scheduled no more than 7 hours of driving per day of the vacation (I just think it's too hard to drive that long with an 18 month old and 8 year old, they lose all enjoyment). That itinerary puts us at BM's house the day after the CO says SD is due home. We would be dropping her off around noon.

She threw a huge fit and after trying to negotiate with her (by offering her make up time) she said the matter was already in her attorney's hands and she was filing for contempt. So if she gets her way, we will have to drive 12 hours (not including breaks) to get SD home by her deadline. We've compromised with her in the past, making accommodations for her family vacations and friends weddings and such, and ending up losing out on weeks of time with SD because BM refuses to allow for make up time. Last year we had to involve our attorney to have the CO enforced and were compensated 3 days before BM demanded SD back. 

I am just so frustrated with this situation. She expects us to do whatever she wants but absolutely refuses to grant us even one half extra day with SD even though it's for both of their benefit. Please tell me that her attorney will just laugh at this request? It's half of a day! Not the two weeks you've taken from DH's time! Ugh.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Still waiting...and meanwhile...?

• Eh.. I'd try to have her back on the date stated by the CO. You can make it clear to BM that next time she asks you to be flexible, she should remember this moment. =)

Can you drive a little extra at night one night to get ahead a little with the driving?

You're lucky to have such a good car rider. My DD won't tolerate more than a couple hours in the car.  

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Honestly, not a flame but it is your mistake to make plans without asking BM first.  If you are going through custody and CPS issues I would expect her to throw a fit even if it is insane to the rest of us.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's pretty bold of you to expect anything nice from BM with the CPS/custody issues you are going through right now. Have the kid back on time, it will reflect poorly on you. And no, I don't think her attorney will laugh at her, I think he will use it against you in court for sure. I'm w you that 1/2 day shouldn't be a big deal, but the papers say what they say. They say it for a reason. Sorry you planned that put w/ out clearing w bm first. I guess lesson learned?
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Krisx2Krisx2 member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I should have specified that we are still trying to work out the drop off situation. We proposed a couple of solutions but she has pretty much shut down the communication. We've made no demands or promises on what day the drop off would be, just communicated what our plans were, thereby asking BM first. We have yet to solidify anything and will probably see what our lawyer advises before proceeding. We'd be able to get SD back on the day the CO says she is due, but BM would have to drive part of the way, and SD would just have to suffer through it.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"