TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Making the crossover, will you take me?

Hi ladies,

I've lurked off and on over here.  I recognize some of you from TTCAL but not all of you.  This month is 9 months since I had to say goodbye to my baby boy.  We were TTA for 3 months and then jumped into TTC.  So here I am, 9 months without my baby and 6 months with no real progress.  My cycles are wonky and I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating.  I met with my doc this past Tuesday.  She agrees I haven't been ovulating and so next cycle she's starting me on 50mg Clomid.  We'll do this for 4-5 months, I'll chart, and if I don't get pg by then we'll re-evaluate and most likely go to an RE.  FX the Clomid works.

So, that's where I am.  I'm currently in my "2ww" and should start my new cycle sometime next week.  Then on to Clomid.  I'm nervous, but excited to atleast have a plan in place and potential progress.  

May I join TTC after 6 months? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Making the crossover, will you take me?

• Hi! :::waves:::

I hope the Clomid route does the trick for you!  Welcome!

• Hey lady!  I hope you don't have to stay here long.

On a side note, did your DH have a SA before you started Clomid?  We were not going to have one, but did so on my OB's advice, and turns out Clomid was not the right route.  Just a little tidbit for ya.

I hope you are on the right track!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome, buddy, but I'm sorry you have to be here. 

imageRawr08:

On a side note, did your DH have a SA before you started Clomid?  We were not going to have one, but did so on my OB's advice, and turns out Clomid was not the right route.  Just a little tidbit for ya.

This is very good advice - very similar to my situation.  I still did clomid, but I had to do IUI since we found out my DH has really poor morphology.  Me taking clomid alone isn't as likely to work.

I really do hope it's all you need.  (((HUGS)))

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Welcome to the board.  I really hope that the clomid does the trick!!
  • Welcome!
  • Thanks for the welcome!  And thank you for the advice regarding Clomid!  I asked my doctor alot of questions up front (prompted by previous TB Clomid users), but I hadn't thought to ask about that.  However, my doctor was clear that the reason she is putting me on Clomid is that based on my previous cycles (all throughout highschool) I was rarely if ever regular, and based on my current charts.  DH had asked her about his count, but she said she wasn't concerned right now b/c we didn't have any issues getting pg the first time.  Based on my current charts of not ovulating, and the circumstances regarding the last time I got pg -- I was on BC for over a year and then went off.  They say it takes 2 - 3 months for it get out of your system.  I was pg at exactly 3 months.  She said this was a good sign that my body just doesn't ovulate right (mild PCOS?), and that the BC helped that so I was able to get pg.  She will monitor me and I am watching my charts close.  If we don't have any success in a couple of months I will ask about getting DH sperm count too.  This is all new to me.  Again, thank you! 
  • Welcome hun!! So sorry to see you over here.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Welcome, hope your stay is short.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"