Maryland Babies
Options

August Playgroup

Evites are out for the pool par-tay!!  If anyone didn't get one and is interested in attending please let me know.
lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: August Playgroup

• Options
    So when can I get in on these things? I just realized that I'll be a momma next month...geez!
    Baby Merlin! imageDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yay!  I am excited.  Are the men-folk invited? 

I "might" be able convince DH to go, but only if there will be other guys there.  My DH actually knows LLHR's DH from college...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsMerlin:
    So when can I get in on these things? I just realized that I'll be a momma next month...geez!

You should come!  I know it's awfully close to your EDD so you may not be up for it, but I plan on going!

Also, at the risk of sounding dumb, how do these things normally work?  Do we bring food?  Drinks?  That sort of thing?

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imageMrsMerlin:

You should come!  I know it's awfully close to your EDD so you may not be up for it, but I plan on going!

Also, at the risk of sounding dumb, how do these things normally work?  Do we bring food?  Drinks?  That sort of thing?

First of all, I'm so ridiculously excited to finally be meeting some of you ladies. And generally, the host supplies basic drinks/refreshments but other people sometimes bring stuff too. There are no hard and fast rules really. One time Stef brought a chick-fil-A nugget platter. That was awesome.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imageMrsMerlin:

Ditto!!  You should totally come!  

As for food, I'm crazy excited to host and would love a massive turnout - but if attendance reaches a certain tipping point and we want to keep the festivities rolling for a good part of the day I might end up welcoming contributions. ;)

lovelylittleworld
  • Options
    imageweezie825:

I "might" be able convince DH to go, but only if there will be other guys there.  My DH actually knows LLHR's DH from college...

Everyone is welcome from my perspective but I don't know the "rules".  Maybe Kathryn or one of the other semi-regulars can weigh in.

lovelylittleworld
  • Options
    I haven't been able to come to the last few (stupid work), but hopefully I can come to this one.  John has been loving the pool, his fearlessness scares the crap out of me though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think this may be the first one I can go to! I am so excited to meet you all since I feel like I've been stalking your lives for the past 2 years of pregnancy and stuff.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options

imageCooper81:
    I haven't been able to come to the last few (stupid work), but hopefully I can come to this one.  John has been loving the pool, his fearlessness scares the crap out of me though.

You aren't alone there. Sean was walking around the pool at my dad's and decided he just wanted to take an impromptu dip and just hopped in without his floaty thing on. (He had gotten out of the pool about 10 minutes earlier and we thought he was done with it). Luckily there were like 5 people in the pool but omg, heart attack.

Oh, and just wanted to mention I can definitely bring some sort of refreshment.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't get the invite. Will PM you my addy.

• Options
    imageRagdolls:
    imageweezie825:

Everyone is welcome from my perspective but I don't know the "rules".  Maybe Kathryn or one of the other semi-regulars can weigh in.

I think its fine to include DHs, the more the merrier!  Jen (and Annabelle) are hosting July's playgroup at Annie's Playground in Fallston next weekend also.  There's no pool involved, but it should be fun too!  The playground there is AWESOME and huge!  Please page Jen or me if you want to get the evite for that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemoonfaerie:
    I didn't get the invite. Will PM you my addy.

Sent!!

lovelylittleworld
  • Options

Rags, I sent you a PM. 

And Kathryn, I'd love to do a more local one but July is booked for me. I'll try to stay on top of things for the next one. 

Baby Merlin! imageDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsMerlin:

Rags, I sent you a PM. 

Back at'cha - and invite sent!!

lovelylittleworld
  • Options
    I am so excited to come, it will be my first one (I didn't know about the bump with my first pregnancy) and I can't wait to meet all of you.  I would be happy to contribute to the refreshments.  When it gets closer let me know what I can bring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"