Washington Babies

A baby party fashion PIP poll...because I am indecisive as hell :p

Charlie's party theme is Charlie on Onederland and we're going with the '51 Disney cartoon as the inspiration.  I have on the way an adorable little tutu:

...but I need a shirt and bloomers to go with it.  (I was super close to getting an Alice print diaper but choked on the cost and nixed it.)  I found a couple shirts on Etsy I am debating between:

1.   image

(On a plain white, short sleeved t shirt)

2.  image

#2 has matching bloomers, with #1 I'd have to get some elsewhere, probably from another Etsy shop- possibly just monogrammed with her initials.  What say ye, Seattle board?  I am leaning one way but would love to solicit opinions...and god knows my DH would be utterly useless on a question like this. ;)  Thanks!

[Poll] 

image Visit The Nest!

Re: A baby party fashion PIP poll...because I am indecisive as hell :p

• I think #2 seems more special.  If you wanted to do #1 I think you could print that on the iron on transfer paper and do it yourself for $5.   Which isn't a bad option.
  • They're both cute... I think I like the second one better.

BUT, if you're going to do Alice in Wonderland I think you should really go for it, especially if she's rocking a tutu.  How about something like this tank top, maybe in red with black ruffles or black with red ruffles, $18 from this etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/70929129/ruffled-tank-top-infant-toddler-pink

Or something like this red ruffled chiffon top would be fabulous with a tutu, a little steep at $34 though but hey she only turns 1 once.  :)  https://www.saigenicoles.com/item_4520/Girls-Apple-Red-Chiffon-Ruffle-Top.htm

Then I'd get a cute bow for etsy, maybe with a black & white diamond/harlequin print.  Thanks for giving me something to look at until I can fall asleep!  :)

-Deborah

• Loading the player...
  • I voted for #2, but also think that you should see if you can get the  embroidery done in brighter colors. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want to say that's a great theme!  That movie is a family favorite and we could do it almost line-by-line. :-)

Oh, and I agree you should consider a headband.  At least a thin black one, like Alice's.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I just want to say that C is so cute, she'll look good in whatever she wears! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedoublem:
    I voted for #2, but also think that you should see if you can get the  embroidery done in brighter colors. 

This.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like #2 but I don't like the sleeves and bottom of the shirt. I think it will look funny with the tutu. Let me see what I can find
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I llike cwhip's suggestion!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • why not look more like alice? Get a tank or t-shirt in the same blue and white tights to go with the tutu.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about having the embroidery done on a onesie instead of a t-shirt so that you don't need to worry about bloomers?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• #2 is my favorite too. :)  I am having a birthday crown made by a Bumpie/Etsy seller from blue felt with a "1" in Alice print fabric and flowers, but I may just use that for the cake time and get a black headband too.  I think a onesie might look funny because they always show way too much diaper, and tend to look a little funny.  I also like shirts because she can wear them a lot longer- onesies get outgrown faster with CD junk in the trunk, so I figure I'll get more bang for my buck with a shirt she can wear again, at least with woolies around the house/at bedtime.  I will look at the links for sure, though!  I knew y'all would have great input!

image Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"