LGBT Parenting

Weekend Plans?

What are you doing this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Plans?

• It was 90 degrees at 8am today, and I almost melted while waiting for my bus.  So, I'm not entirely sure I'm going to make it through the day.  :)

Assuming that  I do, we're headed to Massachusetts to see my sister and her family.  Tomorrow afternoon the adults are going to see Harry Potter and then DW, my sister, and I are going to dinner at the Melting Pot.   The rest of the weekend will probably be dictated by the whims of my 2 year old nephews!  (Within reason of course!)

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • L is staying at a hotel this weekend to write. She is on a deadline to get the first 3 chapters done and will be doing this 2x a month. Ugh. So it is just the kiddos and me till Monday.

Tonight - Perhaps pizza and a movie or pizza and Wii. It is ridiculously hot and we are staying inside.

Tomorrow - the kids have swimming lessons in the AM. I think I am going to take them to a giant used book sale and get some new books (really, we don't need any more books - their bookcase is overflowing, but I would rather have too many books than too many toys (which we also have.) We'll probably go to lunch and Target (since they are next door to each other and we can park in the parking garage and keep the car cooler.) I wish their BFF's mother wasn't working and she could come over so we could throw the kids in the playroom and hang out with cocktails. :) Depending on our schedule, I might take them roller skating. They have said they have wanted to go forever.

Sunday - We might go swimming in the morning when the pool first opens. Home for a nap (swimming exhausts them (and me)) I have no idea what we will do post-nap. They really want to go to Winnie-the-Pooh, but the thought of seeing that makes me cringe (plus, I have already agreed to take them to see the Smurfs next weekend) so I have no idea.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure my calendar is blank.  There is a local county fair going on so I'll likely try to take DD to that depending on the weather.  I'll end up doing yard work at some point as I had 2 yards of rock delivered yesterday and it needs to get hauled from my front yard to the back.  Yup - good times at my house! ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image2brides:

L is staying at a hotel this weekend to write. She is on a deadline to get the first 3 chapters done and will be doing this 2x a month. Ugh. So it is just the kiddos and me till Monday.

Hey, L is catching up with K! She just turned in chapter 4. :-p

• imageTwo*True:
    image2brides:

L is staying at a hotel this weekend to write. She is on a deadline to get the first 3 chapters done and will be doing this 2x a month. Ugh. So it is just the kiddos and me till Monday.

nah, she has chap 1 done (but needs edits) and I think parts of chapter 2. She has to turn in the first 3 by ??? in order to do her prospectus. Can we add PhD to our names as well at the end of this?

• We're still under a heat advisory all day everyday until Monday. Gotta love this heat dome/pressure cooker we're in. I don't enjoy 90 degrees at 10 o'clock at night. 

Today- Class. J's at work. I have to run errands when I get done with class and after I meet J for lunch. It's payday :D:D Tonight, going to buy some jeans and shorts then home for dinner.

Saturday- Puppy playtime in the morning. I have to go to work in the afternoon then who knows.

Sunday- Relaxation and cleaning.

QOTD: Last night J asked if she could drive to Little Rock, 3 hours away, to meet a guy she knew in high school. A guy I've never even heard her mention before. When I started asking questions she got really mad and said I was accusing her of wanting to cheat... Would you have just said yes or no or would you have asked questions also? I don't feel like my questions were all that insinuating but I will admit, I got a little defensive. We ended up fighting until 2 am over this crap though.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Today: I'm going to see if J wants to go to the Farmers Market this morning.  We need to run some errands and pick up a few things; highchair, groceries, pet food, etc.  Iz needs to go to the Dr. to have a test done for school. And last but not least, we need to have Iz's birthday invites and registry cards printed.  Tonight A goes to her Dad's house.

Saturday: I think we are going to J's aunts house for her cousins birthday.  We will probably spend most of the day with her family.

Sunday: No plans that I know of.  J works all day and I will be home with Iz and Bear.

• Tonight we're meeting friends from out of town for tapas, and then they are coming over to play games.

Sometime this weekend, we're going shopping for work clothes (I never find anything, give up, put up with my tiny wardrobe for a few more weeks, get frustrated, and go again...rinse, repeat). A friend who has Starz has been taping the new season of Torchwood for us and they are going out of town this weekend, so she gave us her keys so we can go over there and watch them, so we'll do that sometime. And we're seeing Harry Potter again. I'm sure Jen will work on job stuff.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image2brides:
    imageTwo*True:
    image2brides:

nah, she has chap 1 done (but needs edits) and I think parts of chapter 2. She has to turn in the first 3 by ??? in order to do her prospectus. Can we add PhD to our names as well at the end of this?

I think you both deserve the added PhD to your names!

I applaud L and K because even though I finished my results section (pending edits) I knew I didn't want to juggle twins and writing. I admire their determination.

(As a side note: my Chair emailed me about a month ago hoping to change my mind...I have yet to email her back...she scares me...LOL!) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Its so F-ing hot.  Two, i cant believe you are thinking about doing the stones this weekend! I just paid 2 neighborhood kids to do our mulch on weds ;) drink lots of water!

Tonight: Sprout's swim class "graduation" - cant wait to see all he's learned! Then we'll pick up the girls and go out to dinner in celebration. After dinner DW and Sprout are going back to school for a water carnival and I'll bring the girls home to bed.

Sat/Sun: Meeting up with a friend to walk the mall since stroller fitness got cancelled due to the heat. Meanwhile DW will be packing the car and dropping the dog off to my parents.  Then we're off to Boston to visit family for the weekend! I'm praying the family party is indoors...

• LV1979LV1979 member
    We were invited to go to Hershey Park with out best friends but alas is is homework/packing weeked.  Graduating from college and moving all within one week in August, I must be insane.  We wanted to go to the local Drive-In movies but it is just too damn hot.
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • This is going to be a busy and fun weekend for me and M. Tonight is pretty low key, no major plans.

Tomorrow, two of our close friends are getting married! They met in a mom of twins group! How adorable is that! M and I are putting all of the floral centerpieces together and setting up their reception. We will dance the night away on Saturday!

Sunday morning we leave for the coast! We are going to spend two nights with cool weather, walks to the local bakery, and a wood burning fireplace! Exactly the romantic get-a-away we need!

The one problem is that I am also testing for ovulation. I shouldn't turn positive until Tuesday morning, but if it happens early we will leave the coast and make the four hour trek to the clinic... ahh the joys of TTC.

• Today-Picking up keys to the new house! We will start carrying small stuff over tonight as well.

Tomorrow-Scrubbing new house from top to bottom. It's clean ,but not clean enough for my girls. While I scour we will wait for some new items to be delivered and I will likely stare in dismay at the sorry state of the yard. My mom is coming to see the house and help wrangle the girls.

Sunday-Find a gardener to fix the yard. I can do upkeep and new planting but I am not ripping up all that yuck. Shopping for bedroom furniture. At some point we have to let the girls run around and go swimming.

• image2brides:
    imageTwo*True:
    image2brides:

Sounds like her advisers take the same approach as K's - write chapters than do the prospectus (which K did last year).  Other people in K's cohort had advisers whom allowed them to do the prospectus and then full chapters.  That makes a lot more sense to me because it's easier to change things based on the prospectus feed back if you haven't spent years writing the chapters.  But hell, I only did my B.S. so what do I know.

And yes, we sure as hell get Ph.D as well, or at least A.B.D since we didn't actually do the writing ;-)

• imagectbride08:

Its so F-ing hot.  Two, i cant believe you are thinking about doing the stones this weekend! I just paid 2 neighborhood kids to do our mulch on weds ;) drink lots of water!

I did a bunch of weeding at yard work at 8pm last night.  I'm sure the neighbors thought I was crazy.  I didn't realize just how hot it still as until I went back inside in the A/C.

I don't mind heat.  The humidity sucks though.  I certainly won't get all of the rock moved but if I don't start it I fear it might stay there too long. :-p

• imageTryingToGrow:

QOTD: Last night J asked if she could drive to Little Rock, 3 hours away, to meet a guy she knew in high school. A guy I've never even heard her mention before. When I started asking questions she got really mad and said I was accusing her of wanting to cheat... Would you have just said yes or no or would you have asked questions also? I don't feel like my questions were all that insinuating but I will admit, I got a little defensive. We ended up fighting until 2 am over this crap though.  

Well my wife would never ask me if she could go, nor would I want her to. We are adults and don't need permission from the other before doing something.  That is part of trusting each other.  If anything it would be "Hey, I'm thinking of going to xyz to see abc on Saturday.  What are your thoughts?"  There would never be a case of "saying yes or no."

That said, I would have no issue with it. Sometimes people pop back up into our lives that were important to us at one time and we want to reconnect with them.  I am sorry you fought about this.  Why don't you offer to go with her so you can meet this friend who is obviously important to her? Or offer to go with her to be company for the drive and then do your own thing in Little Rock while she visits with him?

• Tonight: My parents are visiting this weekend. They are going to pick E up from school early. I hope it's not too early since this is her first water play Friday of the summer as the weather here has not cooperated until now. This morning E was SO excited for water play day and the teacher's promise of ice cream as a special treat! After I get home from work hopefully we will go out to dinner and then grandma gets bedtime duty since E likes to sleep with her when they visit.

Tomorrow: My dad is going to my brother's to help him with some home repair projects as they are remodeling their kitchen. I'm going to take my mom and E to a local farm for some raspberry picking. The farm also has some kiddie rides and a petting zoo, so we'll check all that stuff out too. Then we'll go to my brother and SIL's for a visit and dinner.

Sunday: E has another birthday party to attend in the afternoon...3/4 of her class was born between May-August, so I'm about partied out. Aside from that, probably just some chores at home.

• imageleapgirl8:
    Sometime this weekend, we're going shopping for work clothes (I never find anything, give up, put up with my tiny wardrobe for a few more weeks, get frustrated, and go again...rinse, repeat). 
    This is the story of my life! I'm convinced I need a personal shopper to make it all better. Good luck with your search!

imagegeeeegers:
    Tomorrow, two of our close friends are getting married! They met in a mom of twins group!
    Does that mean they have two sets of twins between them? Yowza!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • A disclaimer prior to my weekend post...our Kiddos lag a little behind food-wise than others their age, plus they still sleep in our room. One reason had to do with their extreme GERD causing their larynx to seize up, and the second reason was our fear that they might stop breathing in their sleep like they had done a couple of times during their first year. With that said, tonight we desperately need to stop and pick up some formula for the Kiddos...we used up our emergency stash this morning. Then it will be home and the regular...food, bath, bottle............taco bell (LOL). Saturday is music class - only two more classes. We will probably pick up some coffee and go home for brunch and put the Kiddos down for a nap. Later we really need to get to Target and do some grocery shopping. We want to move one of the cribs out of our room this weekend...not sure what day. We were going to move both, but last night we had had it with Peanut waking up Little Man--it always takes her longer to fall asleep and lately she has been waking up her brother A LOT! We figure that them sleeping and being put to bed in separate rooms is best for everyone. We also need to clean the house since we will have EI guests on Tuesday...I so hope the Kiddos don't make us look like bad parents. They have limited diets; they can't quite spear with their forks; do not have blocks or puzzles to play with; and would rather crawl all over C and I than play with toys. In fact, one of Little Man's favorite games is pushing Mommy across the floor and then pulling her back.

• imagenevr2amazin:
    (As a side note: my Chair emailed me about a month ago hoping to change my mind...I have yet to email her back...she scares me...LOL!) 

Can she change your mind? Or are you pretty set on being ABD and done? I'm not judging, just curious.  The fact that she emailed you and hasn't given up means she probably sees more potential in you then others.  It would be easier for your chair to just let you go. Have you thought about potentially finishing when the twins are older?

• imageTwo*True:

imagenevr2amazin:

Can she change your mind? Or are you pretty set on being ABD and done? I'm not judging, just curious.  The fact that she emailed you and hasn't given up means she probably sees more potential in you then others.  It would be easier for your chair to just let you go. Have you thought about potentially finishing when the twins are older?

Can she change your mind?  Out of me being afraid to say no to her (she has been really good to me).

Or are you pretty set on being ABD and done? At the moment I am. A few factors: I no longer need a PhD work-wise (I have all the doctoral credits needed); twins are no joke, especially at my age Indifferent; C and I really don't have a "friend" network (i.e. we rely on each other's help [and interaction]); and there is no one here to really bounce my ideas off of (I love my core area of study...but happen to have a job in my secondary area)...something I was grateful to have when I was in AZ.

The fact that she emailed you and hasn't given up means she probably sees more potential in you then others.  I have a good subject, one that peaked some ears and curiosity at three highly-regarded conferences. My chair has been asked when will all the work be finished...now she has no answer. She is free to take my work, but I have learned that it doesn't work like that.

Have you thought about potentially finishing when the twins are older? My seven-year grace period comes to an end in Aug 2013...I told myself that I will see how things go, but not stress over it. (Finances are no joke either *smile*.)

• imagenevr2amazin:
    imageTwo*True:

imagenevr2amazin:

Can she change your mind?  Out of me being afraid to say no to her (she has been really good to me).

Or are you pretty set on being ABD and done? At the moment I am. A few factors: I no longer need a PhD work-wise (I have all the doctoral credits needed); twins are no joke, especially at my age Indifferent; C and I really don't have a "friend" network (i.e. we rely on each other's help [and interaction]); and there is no one here to really bounce my ideas off of (I love my core area of study...but happen to have a job in my secondary area)...something I was grateful to have when I was in AZ.

The fact that she emailed you and hasn't given up means she probably sees more potential in you then others.  I have a good subject, one that peaked some ears and curiosity at three highly-regarded conferences. My chair has been asked when will all the work be finished...now she has no answer. She is free to take my work, but I have learned that it doesn't work like that.

Have you thought about potentially finishing when the twins are older? My seven-year grace period comes to an end in Aug 2013...I told myself that I will see how things go, but not stress over it. (Finances are no joke either *smile*.)

Fair enough :-)  The only reason we have a child before a PhD in our house is because K got drunk one night and was convinced by a friend that there is never a perfect time to have kids.  She came home, told me that, and the next day I called the RE.  Wink

• S - I think your 7y deadline and L's are the same. Honestly, the two of you should commiserate. Your stories are nearly identical (twins, no friends/family to help, other parent having to solo parent, health related issues, and age.) She goes back and forth on a regular basis as to if she can do it. I hate the process (for her/for me/for us/for the kids) but I know how much it means to her and how much she will regret not doing it since it has been a dream of hers for a LONG time. good luck with whatever you (and C) decide.
  • The most exciting part is painting the nursery (tomorrow).  Thankfully the midwest heatwave has passed, and the high is only 85 tomorrow.  Perfect.  I can't wait to actually assemble the crib and start painting things. 

Just getting our house in order after our dishwasher installation (yay!) and some R&R.  Sounds good to me. :)

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • imageleapgirl8:

Sometime this weekend, we're going shopping for work clothes (I never find anything, give up, put up with my tiny wardrobe for a few more weeks, get frustrated, and go again...rinse, repeat).

I LOVE to go with people and help them find clothes.  No, really.  Coming to the midwest anytime soon ;)

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • imageTwo*True:
    imageTryingToGrow:

Well my wife would never ask me if she could go, nor would I want her to. We are adults and don't need permission from the other before doing something.  That is part of trusting each other.  If anything it would be "Hey, I'm thinking of going to xyz to see abc on Saturday.  What are your thoughts?"  There would never be a case of "saying yes or no."

That said, I would have no issue with it. Sometimes people pop back up into our lives that were important to us at one time and we want to reconnect with them.  I am sorry you fought about this.  Why don't you offer to go with her so you can meet this friend who is obviously important to her? Or offer to go with her to be company for the drive and then do your own thing in Little Rock while she visits with him?

It wasn't a "Do I have your permission" type question. We only have one car so of course she would have to run it by me before she took off all day lol. I did offer to go with her and then she said that she wasn't even interested in going anymore. So, we shall see what happens I guess 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTryingToGrow:
    It wasn't a "Do I have your permission" type question. We only have one car so of course she would have to run it by me before she took off all day lol. I did offer to go with her and then she said that she wasn't even interested in going anymore. So, we shall see what happens I guess 

hehehe - gotcha :-)  Having one car definitely explains why there would be an 'ask.'  I think you did the right thing by offering to go and if she changed her mind, that's on her then.  I hope you get to enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"