Georgia Babies

Guard Rails

For those who have converted to a toddler bed, did you use guard rails?  We have the heritage crib from Baby Cache, and I can't find out how to purchase them.  Then it occurred to me I may not even need them.  I thought I might just put pillows down on the floor.  Anyone NOT use guard rails?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Guard Rails

• We went directly from crib to a bunk bed that has a full sized bed on the bottom.  Since it's low to the ground we did not get any guard rails.  I did put some pillows down the first few nights he slept there, but he has been fine.  He did fall out one night and we found him in the floor still asleep.  Even though it's a big bed, he generally seems to stay in the same area of it so it hasn't been a problem.

My rec is to put some pillows down and see how it goes.  If he doesn't seem to have a problem falling out then don't bother with the rails. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • crib to toddler bed (front just came off), no rails for either boy, just put pillow down for a few nights.  max is tough he'll be ok!  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome, that's what we'll do.  I really didn't want the hassle of special ordering them, and didn't want to have to spend additional $$ for something temporary.  Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"