March 2012 Moms

Spotting 4w5d

I started having weird cramps this morning in the shower.  It feels like gas pain not really AF type of cramps.  It definitely causes me to pause for a minute.  I just went to the restroom and am spotting when I wipe - pink, not brown, not red more of a light pink.  I know spotting is normal but I haven't had any yet.  I called the doc and they are going to see me this afternoon (although it is so early, I don't know what they are going to be able to see/do. 

Of course now I am freaking myself out looking on the internet.  Thanks for letting me vent ladies.  I feel a little helpless and also don't want to be one of those crazy overreacting pregnant ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Spotting 4w5d

• you are earlier than I am, but I went in to doc today for the same.  T&Ps coming your way that you have a good outcome as well. 
  • salt78salt78 member
    Your doc is likely going to want you to come in for a blood draw to check your levels and see what they are doing. Cramping and pink bleeding could be something or it could be nothing bad at all. Just try to stay calm and I hope that you get some good news today!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Step away from the Google! It will only freak you out!

When I had spotting early on and I went in to the doc, she did an internal exam and confirmed that there was no active bleeding. If nothing else it will hopefully give you some peace of mind. Hope the spotting is nothing!!

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i really don't have any advice other than to stay off the internet Smile it can be your best friend and your worst enemy! good luck to you and let us know how your appointment goes.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • You have every right to be nervous. I completely understand. I know it's hard... but try not to get too nervous about it. Spotting is very normal :) Especially at this point.
  • Try not to worry! I had spotting at exactly 4w5d too. It stopped in the afternoon and hasn't come back, and my betas doubled between that day and 48 hours later. I spent the whole day freaking out so I completely understand, but try to be calm. It's definitely very possible that there's nothing to worry about.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• imageSquishy622:

Step away from the Google! It will only freak you out!

When I had spotting early on and I went in to the doc, she did an internal exam and confirmed that there was no active bleeding. If nothing else it will hopefully give you some peace of mind. Hope the spotting is nothing!!

This.

I even had red spotting early in week 4, and it turned out to be nothing, but you won't really know until you go to the doctor and get blood work to measure your betas (twice, within 48 hours).

• I understand.  I had some spotting last week and got so nervous.  I have since had 3 blood draws and my levels are looking good.  It's hard to relax until you have the answers.  I have my fingers crossed that everything is okay!  Good luck and keep us posted!
  • I'm sorry that you're worried. According to my RE, spotting is completely normal and as long as is not heavy bleeding, it's usually nothing to worry about. Fingers crossed that you have a winderful appointment this afternoon.
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • Abby7Abby7 member

Please stay OFF the internet and listen only to what your doctor tells you.

I had some spotting last time and the doctor told me that 20% of all healthy pregnancies have some sort of spotting or even bleeding. That is a really a lot.

Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"