August 2011 Moms

I want to go on a vacation.

I want to go to Jamaica, stay in an all-inclusive resort, and be taken care of by a butler. I would lay around the beach and pool all day drinking any fruity rum drink passed my way. I would eat jerk chicken every day. I would partake in socially acceptable activities there that might or might not be legal here. I would go to the spa for some pampering early on in the trip, and I would get a massage before I get a sunburn. At night, I would sleep through the night on the most comfortable king size bed of my life. Rinse & repeat for a week or two.

Your turn... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I want to go on a vacation.

• imageS-Tuna:

I want to go to Jamaica, stay in an all-inclusive resort, and be taken care of by a butler. I would lay around the beach and pool all day drinking any fruity rum drink passed my way. I would eat jerk chicken every day. I would partake in socially acceptable activities there that might or might not be legal here. I would go to the spa for some pampering early on in the trip, and I would get a massage before I get a sunburn. At night, I would sleep through the night on the most comfortable king size bed of my life. Rinse & repeat for a week or two.

Your turn... 

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You should probably avoid the Totsy travel deals right now because I am eyeballing the trip to the Dominican Republic that was listed this morning. Part of my brain clearly hasn't caught up to the idea of vacationing as a trio instead of couple. I should probably work on that...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to go to the Grove Park Inn in N. Carolina, drink true southern iced tea while looking over the mountains, and spend a day (or two) getting pampered at the spa. That is the ultimate relaxation for me. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imageS-Tuna:

Your turn... 

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! 

Yes, me too!!!  

BabyFruit Ticker
    Photobucket
  • I want to go home to the States and soak up all the miserably hot warm weather and visit my fam.  If I can't have that, I want to go to Lebanon (and avoid my fil while there) and enjoy all the tasty food and be served at the ridiculously lovely resorts while laying on the beach and being pampered and not worrying about toddlers and babies.  I want to SLEEP!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I want to go to an island (Bermuda is my favorite) sit by the pool or at the beach with a frozen drink, get a tan, swim, go to the spa and sleep!
  • I will go anywhere on vacation!  It's been years since we've gone anywhere and I just need a break!

I really planned on doing a quick trip/babymoon in the spring but it didn't end up working out with so little time.  

• S-TunaS-Tuna member

imageMrsT1024:
    You should probably avoid the Totsy travel deals right now because I am eyeballing the trip to the Dominican Republic that was listed this morning. Part of my brain clearly hasn't caught up to the idea of vacationing as a trio instead of couple. I should probably work on that...

This post was brought to you by the travel alert vacation deals I get through email. I got one for Vegas this morning, and it made me reallllly want to go on a vacation. Too bad I'm having a baby on Monday haha.

I've never been to the Dominican Republic. I bet it's just as awesome as Jamaica. ::Sigh:: 

• I want to just be able to enjoy going to the cabin without roasting like a fried chicken.

It's 2 1/2 hours away, so we will be making no more trips up there until after baby is born.  I have a feeling I may not get to do the fishing that I would like to do either as I will be BF and won't be able to leave the baby for too long, nor will I want to.

DH has hopes of going up there for a week after LO is born, which we may do an extended weekend, but I am not sure about a whole week.  Especially if it is just going be the 3 of us most of the time.  He invited some friends, but we don't know for sure if they will make it or not.

• S-TunaS-Tuna member
    imagekermiefrg:

I will go anywhere on vacation!  It's been years since we've gone anywhere and I just need a break!

I really planned on doing a quick trip/babymoon in the spring but it didn't end up working out with so little time.  

We had a trip booked to Niagara Falls as a babymoon this spring, but we had to cancel it because we ended up buying a house instead. I guess the trade-off was worth it, but I'm sad we didn't get a vacation this year. And who knows how long it will be now until we can go on another trip. 

• surprisingly (maybe b/c of the heat, and enjoying my break from airplanes) your dreams of tropical vacations do not sound good to me at all! I normally love tropical vacations, but right now anything that requires a plane ride and sitting around in the heat sounds dreadful!

• BK33BK33 member
    imageS-Tuna:

Your turn... 

All of this except in mexico with MH at our favorite resort!

• imagekurly_kate06:
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imageS-Tuna:

Your turn... 

Oh, God, yes please!  This was our honeymoon, and I would bomb a small town to go back and relive...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! 

Yes, me too!!!  

• imageBK33:
    imageS-Tuna:

Your turn... 

All of this except in mexico with MH at our favorite resort!

I second the OP (on everything!) with a big HERE, HERE to the other quoted post regarding a resort in Mexico. The one where we were married to exact! Ahhhh, would be SO NICE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I want to take a week long vacation to St. Barts, and stay at a private villa on the beach. I want to wake up the ocean, and eat dinner by the ocean. I want to feel light as a feather, and have no responsbilty!!

And I want to have my former body on this vacation!

• Oh my gosh Jamaica sounds amazing!!  I think my husband and I may actually take that trip next fall...he has never been to the beach...he was VERY sheltered, and we have been so busy between babies and my nursing school that after this one turns a year old we really need to take a nice trip together...we deserve it. :)  I am torn between the all inclusive resort and a cruise though...last time I went, I went on a cruise and it was AH-MAZING!!  Now I am dreaming of icy tropical drinks and salt water...I think it may be nap time so this can turn into a really great naptime dream...lol. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersiv>
  • I want to go to St. Lucia, stay at the Eco-Lodge Ti Kaye and just hang out in our private hut and lounge in the plunge pool and hammock all day.  I MIGHT get off my butt sometime in the afternoon to go snorkeling, but only if I was feeling really energetic. 

Better yet, we'll stay at Ladera in a three walled room overlooking the volcano.  Some of their rooms are $3000 a night, but since we're dreaming, I'll take that...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • imageArlysellers:

I want to take a week long vacation to St. Barts, and stay at a private villa on the beach. I want to wake up the ocean, and eat dinner by the ocean. I want to feel light as a feather, and have no responsbilty!!

And I want to have my former body on this vacation!

We've done two such trips to St. Barth (honeymoon and a vacation) and were supposed to be there this past May but that was obviously cancelled!  New plan is going next April for my 32nd birthday when I have my body back Smile We're going back and forth as to if our little guy will join us or not!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"