April 2011 Moms
Options

sick of pumping!

Ugh I'm so sick of pumping!  The washing of ALL of the parts, the continuous to need to find a wall to plug into, a private (or at least semi-private) area every 3 hours, the URK-URK-URK of the machine... even the name, "pump in style" annoys me greatly.  I love being able to provide the milk for LO and I'm still enjoying breastfeeding in the evenings, but pumping is such a hassle.  I'm in awe of you EPers!  Does it ever get any easier??

Re: sick of pumping!

• Options
     I wish I could like this post like you can on facebook!  I feel the exact same way!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an EPer. This is going to sound crazy, but I haven't used my electric pump in weeks. I've found that I can pump more a lot faster with my hand pump. Maybe it's just me, maybe I let down better to the hand pump, but I can pump 10 ounces in 10 minutes. That would take me 20 with the electric (or I'd have to crank the suction and kill my nipples). That would take me a lot longer on my electric. I'm sure I'll use the electric again at some point, but I'm pretty happy with how it's going.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am right there with you!!!

Thanks Drea for the advice about the bag in the fridge I am so going to try it out, it will help get me more time to pump at work.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

You mean you don't feel "in style" when pumping with your "pump in style"? 

Stick out tongue

I don't mind pumping at work because it gives me a few minutes to read my book, but its more annoying at home. I enjoy my evening wine and I dont like having to schedule my wine around my pumping! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

One thing that I discovered are those wipes made by medela to clean your pump parts.  I was using Drea's fridge method, but I like the wipies better. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

Awww....sorry. 

I like imagining things the suction is saying. The let-down mode sounds like it's saying, "nip-pulz, nip-pulz, nip-pulz"... :-)

Does anyone else really only get milk out during the let-down mode?

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

I like imagining things the suction is saying. The let-down mode sounds like it's saying, "nip-pulz, nip-pulz, nip-pulz"... :-)

I get milk out before the let down mode.  I don't really notice a difference in amount of milk to mode.

When G hears my pump, she stares at it like she is saying; "what is that thing stealing all my boobie milk?". 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    imagewatermelon mom:

One thing that I discovered are those wipes made by medela to clean your pump parts.  I was using Drea's fridge method, but I like the wipies better. 

That's a good idea, I'll have to try those

• Options
    Have your dh wash your pump parts, if possible.  It makes pumping that much more bearable for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second this! I am so sick of pumping! I am relactating and am only pumping an oz per session....how the heck am I supposed to work and fit in 8-10 pumps per day?! ugh
  • Options

Soooo sick of it too, but I try to find some humor in it.  Many weeks ago I was pumping when my best friend called.  Our conversation went like this:

BF: Where are you? 

ME: Duh, you called me at home. 

BF:  Oh, yeah.  What is that noise?

ME:  The breast pump.

BF:  It sounds like a duck.

Now, whenever I pump, I refer to it as being at the duck pond!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebugandbibs:
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

I get milk out before the let down mode.  I don't really notice a difference in amount of milk to mode.

When G hears my pump, she stares at it like she is saying; "what is that thing stealing all my boobie milk?". 

Oh, oops. I meant the fast mode at the beginning. Is that called the "stimulation" mode or whatever then? That's the only one I get milk out during. When it switches to the other  (slow) one, I have to hit the button and start over.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imageshaindelr:
    imagebugandbibs:
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

Oh, oops. I meant the fast mode at the beginning. Is that called the "stimulation" mode or whatever then? That's the only one I get milk out during. When it switches to the other  (slow) one, I have to hit the button and start over.

No, I think you were right, in my PISA instructions it says the first mode is "let down" and I'm the same, thats the only time I really get milk, I have to push the button to start over too!

• Options
    imageJeannieLynn:
    imageshaindelr:
    imagebugandbibs:
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

No, I think you were right, in my PISA instructions it says the first mode is "let down" and I'm the same, thats the only time I really get milk, I have to push the button to start over too!

That makes me feel better that I'm not the only one! I thought,  (1) "What is wrong with me?" and (2) "Am I burning my pump out using only that mode?"

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I hate it too, a couple things I do that make it a little easier;  don't wash the parts between pumping, just throw them into a zip lock bag and into the fridge, and second, listen to something while you pump- that noise drives me crazy too, I watch a half hour sitcom on my ipad while I pump, without commercials it is 21 minutes, just long enough to set up, pump and pack up.  You are doing great, keep up the good work!

then you wash them after 2 pumps?? Just curious cause i'd love to not have to wash mine after every session!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

LOL! I was an EPer before switching to formula a few weeks ago, and on one sleep deprived night early on, I told my DH this while I was pumping...he just looked at me like I was crazy! Smile

• Options
    imageNJA08:
    imageshaindelr:

Awww....sorry. 

LOL! I was an EPer before switching to formula a few weeks ago, and on one sleep deprived night early on, I told my DH this while I was pumping...he just looked at me like I was crazy! Smile

Great minds think alike! There's a Bailey White essay where she says her windshield wipers are saying "Gracie Allen, Gracie Allen"... I'm a writer; it's my job to imagine things :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

my lo does the same! lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"