Washington Babies

Undescended testes

We finally had our appointment with a surgeon this morning for him  to have a look at Coop as at his 2 yr app'nt they couldn't find one of his testes so they referred us to this surgeon.

Well today he basically said that he couldn't find it & that he is pretty sure Coop will now have to have laparoscopy surgery so they can see 'in' further :( He has ordered an ultrasound which we can't get until 19th August, ahh another whole month away - so annoying!

Poor little guy I am crossing my fingers that they find his other teste via ultrasound and won't need surgery. Anyone else DS's had to go through with this?

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011

Re: Undescended testes

• My friend's son had the surgery to pull it down and it went really well and his recovery wasn't bad at all... 
  • I'm sure she'd be happy to chat with you if you want.... 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    I'm sure she'd be happy to chat with you if you want.... 

I will definitely keep that offer in mind Jill if we go down that path - thanks!

What worries me is that they do the ultrasound & still can't find it meaning that he is left with only one teste :( Not sure how huge a thing that is for his future....might need to consult Google for that!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • I'm sorry you are stressing N!  Hopefully it will all go smoothly for Coop!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No experiences here of course but T&P that everything is ok with your handsome little fellow!  Hope they give you some good news- keep us posted.

image Visit The Nest!

• imagenewmommy74:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

I will definitely keep that offer in mind Jill if we go down that path - thanks!

What worries me is that they do the ultrasound & still can't find it meaning that he is left with only one teste :( Not sure how huge a thing that is for his future....might need to consult Google for that!

Have they never found it?  I would think they would have noticed this at birth or shortly thereafter... my ped checks this at every visit...  

• Apparently 2 of DH's uncles are either missing a teste or they never descended, and they both have 3 children of their own now (not sure about the status of their testes, though).

I hope everything goes well for your little guy!  T&P to you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagenewmommy74:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

Have they never found it?  I would think they would have noticed this at birth or shortly thereafter... my ped checks this at every visit...  

That's the thing, at his 2 week check up the ped said & noted that he had felt both descended, then again at his 6mth &12mth it was noted in his book also. Then at his 18mth & 2 yr check up (these were now done in Australia when we moved back) they could only fine one!!!! I guess the ultrasound will clear it up, it's just a PITA waiting another month or more to find out!
  • My friend's son had to have the surgery, and in the end they found he only had one.  Keeping my fingers crossed they find his via u/s!!!

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• My brother had the surgery done, but he was less than a year old, I think.  (This was 30 yrs ago, and US.) Went well and recovered quickly.

I was also going to ask if it's not checked regularly.  James' have been checked twice already. 

Sending hugs and hoping it shows up on the u/s!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Poor little dude! :(  But he would fine to reproduce in the future with just one, unless there were other underlying issues.  I hope they find it though!  Keep us updated.
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • I hope they can find it, thinking of you!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imagenewmommy74:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imagenewmommy74:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

That's the thing, at his 2 week check up the ped said & noted that he had felt both descended, then again at his 6mth &12mth it was noted in his book also. Then at his 18mth & 2 yr check up (these were now done in Australia when we moved back) they could only fine one!!!! I guess the ultrasound will clear it up, it's just a PITA waiting another month or more to find out!

Well if they have found it before, it has to be tehre somewhere.. I wonder why it retreated?? 

• I can tell you that my Grandfather only had one, and he had four healthy kids.  I hope everything works out well, but he could still lead a healthy normal life and have children with just one. 

Keeping you guys in my thoughts & prayers!  This must be so stressful for you!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If they found it before and can't find it now, it's possible he has a small hernia that's pulling it back up.  That was DS's problem and it was a pretty easy and quick fix.  He was acting like normal shortly after surgery.  Hope it's an easy fix for you.
  • Sounds like no fun for either of you. Wishing the best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone for  your thoughts/stories! I will definitely keep you all updated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"