Trouble TTC
Options

Feelings after IUI? (girls who have been pg especially)

I'm just curious as to how everyone else feels physically in the days after your IUI. I have had cramping almost continuously, and of course I am trying not to let it dscourage me, but it's difficult. I'm not sure if it feels more like AF or O cramps, but either way, it's there to annoy me. Is it normal to feel crummy during the 2ww? Does anyone just feel nothing and go about your business until test day? This happens to me to some degree every time, and I would love for once for my ute to just leave me alone so I'm not constantly dwelling on it and wondering if this month will be successful. Blech.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

Re: Feelings after IUI? (girls who have been pg especially)

• Options

Awww, kel, I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time ((hugs)).  I had noticeable cramps in the days after my IUI, too, but they subsided and now are just here and there.

I like to think of post-IUI cramps as a good thing - they are a sign of activity in my ute, which can only mean a BFP... right?!?!  Right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since April 2010
    Dx: Hypothyroid, High FSH, Low progesterone, Blocked left tube
    BFP 5-2-11; m/c 5-9-11
    July 2011: 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 (7/13) + Progesterone = BFP!!
    EDD: 4/04/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    While I've never been PG, after my 2 IUIs I always had crampping and pain for about a week after.  Usually just slight discomfort. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never been pregnant and this is only my first IUI, but I am having funny twinges/cramps these past two days. I am sorry they are messing with you. It's hard to ignore them and not contemplate their meaning ;)
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    I felt crampy the day of and a few days after my IUIs.  Then, for the rest of the 2ww I felt normal.  In fact, I never even get phantom symptoms...not sure if that is good or bad.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine were different.  During my first IUI I had no cramping while they were doing it or during my 2ww.  During my second one I started cramping afterward and it continued for the whole 2ww pretty much.  Unfortunatly both ended in BFN.  That probably doesn't make you feel better sorry :(
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had cramping and also intense pain after my two IUIs. The two cycles weren't the same (pain wise). I'm so sorry you are having discomfort. Hope the 2ww goes fast!

• Options
    I would often get cramping the day of the IUI and for a day or two after, but nothing that lasted longer than that. The one cycle I did get pregnant (with a late implanter) I had AF cramps beginning at 13 dpiui and I started feeling like I was getting a stomach virus at 11 dpiui. GL, Kel! I hope the cramping means something good for you...2ww limbo sucks.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options

I had cramping, twinges, and sharp pains with all three IUI's and my IVF cycle. The first IUI was a BFP, so every single cycle I was convinced I was going to have another BFP because I felt exactly the way I did the first time (but I haven't seen two pink lines since our loss). I think we are just so "in tune" to our bodies during the 2ww that we are aware of feelings we used to just ignore or not notice.

There is only one way to know you are pregnant...wait and test.

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards