Washington Babies

Mirena Q

Hey there. I have had my IUD for almost a year now. I've only had one period. Lately I've been having period like symptoms (sore breasts, tired, cranky). Does anyone else get symptoms without blood flow? I've taken a PG test and it was negative. I'm a little confused and annoyed. Thanks for your input!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mirena Q

• I had mine in for over a year w/o getting a period. Then all of a sudden I started getting very small light ones again. Called my nurse at the womens center and she said that can happen. =(  HTH.

• I've had mine in since November. I get pre-period symptoms (cramping, sore boobs, one God awful zit on my chin - that is the one I could really do without, lol). It usually feels like I'm going to have a really rough period, and then I spot for a day and it all goes away. I haven't had a real period since I had it put in. However, I am still mostly EBF Madeline (aside from "real" food), so I'm not sure what it will be like once I stop nursing.
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I never had much per-period symptoms beyond the big chin zit.  I get that about 3 or 4 times a year (with the current one going on 7 weeks!) with light spotting.  I'll take that over monthly zits and bleeding any day.  DH is getting a vasectomy soon and I'm leaving it it.
  • I've had my IUD for just over a year, still breastfeeding, and this is my second month where I am getting spotting at the same time of the month.  But, previous to the spotting, yes, I would get periodic cramping (that is usually my only PMS symptom) without spotting

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"