Blended Families

BM son and MIL need some advice???

My husband and I have SS every other weekend and have been letting BM send both SS and her son to my MIL for special grandma weeks which we didn't mind at first since we got to see SS more often but now bm son is wanting to come on his own.

BM son is un-mannerly and violent  and we don't feel it's safe for our 4 month old DD to be around him.We where hoping these visits would end after we started having our own kids but they have only become more frequent. Now our daughter is missing out on spending time with her grandparents and I am extremely frustrated that BM son seems more inportant than SS and DD. Not sure how to handle this any suggestions?

Re: BM son and MIL need some advice???

• Have you expressed your concern to your MIL?
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Is MIL close with BM's son?  I would definitley go to MIL first. If you have seen these signs in the child, surely she has too. She might very well agree with you, that seperate visits are necessary.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your advice.We have brought up that we are uncomfortable having him around DD but its been in casual conversation, never gone into detail so DH and I are going to try to talk to her a little more in depth next time we visit. I'm just afraid it is going to have a bad impact on my relationship with my MIL.

• Make sure that DH states it as his concern and not both your concern or even worse just that you are worried.  Maybe he can ask MIL how the child behaves with her when DH is not around, it is possible that he acts out more around your DH b/c he is jealous of your SS's relationship with your DH.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"