April 2011 Moms

Still having bathtime issues :(

So, we have it so DD doesn't seem to mind bath time anymore and I can even get some smiles.  But now the moment I take her out of the water and put her in the towels she starts screaming.  Oh the screaming. Is this happening to anyone else?  It really makes bath time dreaded time ...
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014

Re: Still having bathtime issues :(

• Jared is "Bath-Time Dad" because he's 6'2" and can comfortably reach into the baby tub when it is in the regular bathtub. I'm 5'1" and it's nearly impossible for me to do so. But...the few times that I've given Liam a bath, what you've said happens. He's SOOO happy in the warm water, that the second I take him out, it's a meltdown. Jared has a great system where the towel is ready, there's lavender baby lotion waiting, and he gives him a little massage after the bath. So, maybe if you can have a "system" devised so she knows that warm and snuggly is happening right after she's out of the water, it will help.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• vilarovilaro member
    Happens to us, too. It gets a little easier each time and there's less of a meltdown. I figure give it time and like Shaindel said, make sure the towel is ready. I would also try to warm the towel in the dryer before using it so it makes for an easier transition? I haven't done that but may be worth a shot - GL!
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Loading the player...
  • kje120kje120 member
    Andrew used to do that, too.  He was fine in the tub (loves it!) but once he was out he would melt down.  He's gotten better.  I make sure the towel is laid out and ready for me to wrap him in it and I get him dried, diapered, lotioned, and in his pj's  most nights before he can get upset.  Hopefully your DD will get better with time, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree, it's probably that she's cold.  This won't help after the bath, but we use an adult sized washcloth in the bath to get warm and wet and lay on top of dd.  That makes her warmer during the bath.  Wrap up in a warm towel and snuggle with you or your husband right afterwards-use the body heat to keep her warm. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have had daddy bath time since the beginning and DH primarily bathes her  and she loves the warm water and having her hair washed.  Well then, when she gets out, I take over with the drying, diapering, lotion, and jammies  and she hates that part!  In the beginning she loved that part as much as the bath, but she has grown to hate it. So now I'm the "bad guy" who makes her cold and DH is the "good guy" who gives her the fun, warm bath!  Needless to say, he won't switch duties with me!
  • GHBEAGHBEA member
    We just have the towel ready to wrap her in it.  I agree with Vilaro about warming the towel.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When you put her in the towel, do you leave her lying there while you try to dry, diaper, etc? We used to do that and DD would also cry, until we finally figured out that if we wrap her in the towel super fast, then pick her back up and cuddle her while drying, she doesn't cry at all. So if you're not already doing that, that would be my suggestion. Once she's dry, we get rid of the wet towel and lay her back down on a dry towel and DH gives her a little "massage" with baby lotion. She LOVES this part.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKCKappa:
    When you put her in the towel, do you leave her lying there while you try to dry, diaper, etc? We used to do that and DD would also cry, until we finally figured out that if we wrap her in the towel super fast, then pick her back up and cuddle her while drying, she doesn't cry at all. So if you're not already doing that, that would be my suggestion. Once she's dry, we get rid of the wet towel and lay her back down on a dry towel and DH gives her a little "massage" with baby lotion. She LOVES this part.

We do this too. Also, we leave a washcloth on LO while we are bathing her. It warms her. Actually, now she is sucking on it. Hahaha. Also, DD likes to look at stuff. We put the shampoo bottles where she can see them.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"