Detroit Babies
Options

Pediatrician questions

I should have put this in with my post below....

Did anyone actually interview a pediatrician?  If not, did you just call the office and tell them you picked you that office for baby's pedi and let them know your due date?  And, yes I know I'm really doing this at the last minute Embarrassed

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pediatrician questions

• Options
    Dont feel bad.  We didn't have a pediatrician until DD was born.  They basically just assigned us the doctor that was on rounds at the hospital that day.  Turns out, we LOVE our pedi and the whole office she is out of.  So, it can work out if you aren't picky and have an open mind. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No, I did not interview.  I was told to pick a pedi from their practice and tell the hospital when I delivered.  The pedi we picked wouldn't necessarily be doing rounds that day, but someone from the practice would be and would check on DS and discharge him.  We were lucky, the pedi we picked was doing rounds and discharged DS.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We met with our pediatrician prior to officially choosing the practice. I'm sure it's not necessary, but we just wanted to make sure that we had made the right decision. They gave us a bunch of info about the practice that answered most of our questions, and I had some additional questions too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I planned to interview but ended up just picking ours based on a friend's recommendation.  I kind of apologized to doctor for not meeting ahead of time when she came to us in the hospital.  She said she thinks interviewing beforehand is unnecessary, that you should make your real decision when you see the doctor interact with your child and handle your concerns.  Now that I've been through that, I totally agree.   

• Options
    I didn't interview.  I had called the practice ahead of time because I thought I needed to inform them ahead of time.  They said nope- you just go in and tell the hospital staff which practice you picked.  I was given the option to come in on a Saturday morning to see the office and meet one of the pediatricians.  I didn't think it was necessary.  During an interview, you know they're going to be on their best behavior and sucking up.  You aren't tied to one particular practice, so if you end up not liking the one you picked, then you just find a new one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't interview either.  I asked 2 moms at church (who have 7 kids between them) and they recommended the same place.  I just made an appt. after DD was born to come in for her newborn visit. (Since they didn't practice out of the same hospital I delivered at.  At the hospital we just saw the pedi. that was on call.).  We love our practice & the doctors there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't interview our pedi, but she has been the pedi of most of my cousins/niece and nephews so I already know alot about her.
  • Options

We didn't really interview our pedi before choosing her, but we did go to a special "Open House" night for parents-to-be. It was a nice way for us to tour the office, find out about their policies, hours, etc. We ended up choosing the pediatrician that spoke that night, but it was because she had been recommended by friends. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"