Preemies
Options

Cereal

Hello Everyone!

At what age did you start putting cereal in LO's bottle at night?  What kind of cereal did you use?

TIA!

Leslie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image

Re: Cereal

• Options

Our pedi said no cereal in bottles ever unless there is a medical reason (i.e. reflux). 

Why are you wanting to put cereal in the bottle? 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

I had a mommy tell me today that she started putting cereal in her kids bottles at 6 weeks of age.  I was just wanting to get feed back on what other preemie mom's were doing. I'm a FTM and just want to make sure that I'm on the right track.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JS gets rice cereal in every bottle because of his reflux. Our pedi said we should wait until he closer to 6 months before introducing true solids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were told no cereal (in the bottle) as well.  Cereal is often added for reflux and not much more these days.  Our parents' generation did add it to bottles to "fill them up" but that is outdated information that isn't widely supported by pedis now.  The biggest risk is choking on the thicker liquid so I would talk to the pedi before adding anything to the bottle.

• Options
    Talk to your pedi about this. We were told not to do it because of the risk of choking. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"